real time web analytics
Report - - Pilkington Glass & Machinery Shop - Doncaster, Aug 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pilkington Glass & Machinery Shop - Doncaster, Aug 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
This site has been around a while now, been done over and over, it looks as if the site has been well and truly pikey'd at the moment with the remnants of cabling allover the place.

The site has become half live due to some railway training going on in the buildings and the company has done a decent job at re-securing it also which meant it was a pain to get into.

Visited with Tablets, Lee0612 and 2 none members.

After seeing the mega long main hall i was starting to get disappointed with the state of the site coupled with the troubled entrance so decided to take a look around some more.

Im glad we did! We stumbled across a machinery hall & stores packed with equipment and vintage machines which i haven't seen many pictures of here, so these make up most of my report.

Bit of History:

'Pilkington plc originated in 1826 as the St. Helens Crown Glass Company, founded with the technical knowledge and ability of John William Bell and capital from three of the most influential local families, the Bromilows, the Greenalls and the Pilkingtons. William Pilkington was one of the original shareholders, and he was later joined by his elder brother Richard.'

DSC_9138.jpg

DSC_9146.jpg

DSC_9147.jpg

The massive hall everybody's seen, albeit slightly worse for wear now.

DSC_9150.jpg

On the cusp of giving up we stumble into the machinery workshop filled with equipment, plans, spares it made the day worth it.

DSC_9165.jpg

DSC_9177_78_79_80_81.jpg

DSC_9187_88_89_90_91.jpg

DSC_9202.jpg

DSC_9223_4_5_6_7.jpg

DSC_9205.jpg

The drawing room was filled to the brim with untouched drawings and plans.

DSC_9211_2_3_4_5.jpg

DSC_9218_19_20_21_22.jpg

DSC_9228_29_30_31_32.jpg

Thanks for looking​

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details