real time web analytics
Report - - Pilkington Glass Sandwash Factory - St Helens, Merseyside - June 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pilkington Glass Sandwash Factory - St Helens, Merseyside - June 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bobdobelina

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, it's been done lots of times so I won't go into the history of the place. This is just a little update for anyone who hasn't visited yet with a bit more info on the only way in.

Along Washway Lane you'll see a long concrete fence, the factory is behind this. At first, it looks like you might need to fight your way through some trees and nettles but look out for a gate, behind which is a little bridge. Get over this gate, walk a short distance up the hill and the factory is on the left.

As you face the factory, walk around the right hand side and you'll come to a 2-3 foot drop. Climb down here and you'll notice an iron ladder, leaning up to a window. That's your way in and you don't need to go anywhere near the flooded parts.

It has been closed a long time but is a great place to take photos if that's your thing.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice report. I like seeing this place pop up. Having lived in St Helens as a kid I have memories of pilks and going the glass museum near the head office. Which I gather is derelict now and in a real state. Shame as it used to be kept immaculate. So much of the pilks main factories gone now.

bobdobelina

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report. I like seeing this place pop up. Having lived in St Helens as a kid I have memories of pilks and going the glass museum near the head office. Which I gather is derelict now and in a real state. Shame as it used to be kept immaculate. So much of the pilks main factories gone now.
Some of the head office is in a state but the main tall building is still intact. Would love to get in there before the vandals do. Looks like a lot of security outside though.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Some of the head office is in a state but the main tall building is still intact. Would love to get in there before the vandals do. Looks like a lot of security outside though.
Well hopefully you do. It was always nice positioned on the river. one river there was called the hotties, because it was always warm. God knows how that happened. It was yesrs ago I lived there.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Well hopefully you do. It was always nice positioned on the river. one river there was called the hotties, because it was always warm. God knows how that happened. It was yesrs ago I lived there.

No telling what Pilk were pumping into it that gave it its warmth lol, could of marketed the St helens Spa!

Who has read this thread (Total: 234) View details