real time web analytics
Information - - Pill Box between Poole and Sandford nr Wareham | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Pill Box between Poole and Sandford nr Wareham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sadiesmum

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I expect you all know about this but I must have driven past it hundreds of times without spotting it before so thought I would post and maybe one of you can/has check it out?
As you drive from Poole to Wareham it's on the left hand side before the roundabout just past the industrial estate. The turning has a bright green board sign board to Holton Lee and the pill box is on the right hand side of the drive way facing the road just as you take the turning.

Sadiesmum

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brilliant- thanks - I have heard of it but hadn't connected the location in my head.
Has all that old stuff been erased and demolished now? I presume Holton Lee nature reserve is a new arrivial then which explains why I've only just discovered it as a local dog walker.

Ahh- just seen recent report from thumper - must be still there alongside the dog walking area.

Last edited:

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Has all that old stuff been erased and demolished now? I presume Holton Lee nature reserve is a new arrivial then which explains why I've only just discovered it as a local dog walker.
There is quite a bit left. From Holton Lee, there can be found the remains of various stoves & magazines (a few still with roofs) on what is now the nature reserve. The block which was kept by the MOD was not long ago sold off & is now Admiralty Park (Near HH station). This contains plenty of the original (and some of the best) buildings.

Decay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Holten Heath Royal Navy Cordite factory is still very much there!

Also a few other buildings on the industrial estate and tunnels in the woods from the cordite factory.

Also on the left just after the roundabout is old derelict antiques warehouse worth checking out :)

Evilgenius

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are lots of buildings around on the RNCF but it takes some hunting although I think much of the overgrowth has been cleared the last few years, I've not been over that way for a wile.

The old derelict antiques warehouse was an empty shell about 6-7+ years ago when they were putting a new roof on it, since then that new roof looks like its had it so I very much doubt anything has changed and there will be much to see!

Decay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are lots of buildings around on the RNCF but it takes some hunting although I think much of the overgrowth has been cleared the last few years, I've not been over that way for a wile.

The old derelict antiques warehouse was an empty shell about 6-7+ years ago when they were putting a new roof on it, since then that new roof looks like its had it so I very much doubt anything has changed and there will be much to see!

True, the warehouse is not much to see... the cordite factory on the other hand, while mega trashed is a classic in Dorset!