real time web analytics
Report - - Pingley POW Camp 26.10.06 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pingley POW Camp 26.10.06

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sixxfingers

Original Member
28DL Full Member
First of our three sites visited today with myself, Madmax & Tims.
After Petzlheads visit here recently, we thought it look very interesting and decided to have a look for ourselves...

Amazing... this place is completely untouched, behind a modern Garden Centre knowone even bats an eyelid that its there anymore! Well worth the visit if you are in the area, especially if you are into Military stuff.

Quotes from:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/stories/55/a3981855.shtml

'The labour force at spud-yacking time included, as well as schoolboys, women from the area who were earning some extra pin money and, more colourfully, prisoners of war from the Pingley P.O.W. camp on the road out of Brigg towards Bigby. Here an area had been securely fenced off and huts erected on land belonging to Pingley Farm. It can’t have been a strong security prison like Stalag Luft 17 or Colditz and it housed both German and Italian prisoners, more of the latter. We rarely held conversations with these Jerries and Eyties and we never got to know much about them, but we did admire their facility in carving rings out of pieces of perspex and in making cigarette lighters out of bullet cases'.

A few pics from this afternoon... enjoy.

T

tims

Re: Pingley POW Camp - REPORT 26.10.06

I must admit from the photos i'd seen of this place i wasen't very interested in going but it was very good when we got there and great for photos due to random stuff left around the site.
I made it to the very top of the water tower and didn't like it very much as it was very very windy today and the ledge you stand on at the top was only about 12", the rest was aspestos roof.

My main thought of this place was why are there so many shoes?

T

tims

just a few more.

i hope weve left some thing for madmax to go at!

MADMAX

28DL Full Member

Finally got chance to put my pics up; work really does get in the way sometimes :mad:
And what a weird and wonderful place it is.
As Sixx and Tims said, each room/building is different and the whole place is quite eerie.

image.jpeg View attachment 14697