real time web analytics
Report - - Pinner Stone Mine 04-06-17 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pinner Stone Mine 04-06-17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my 2nd visit to Pinner Stone Mine & I took my son who appears to have got into exploring.... My first vist consisted of going in both entry points and as far as the first passageway only.
This time we was in a good 2 hours and on our arrival there was 6 youths making their way out, had a good chat, they'de been in 15 minutes and claimed to have walked all the way round... Hmmnnnn .
On this journey my intention was to go in one way and come out the other without doing the same passageway twice...... We managed it, but we crossed just one point, the point where the old oil lamp was on the wall...
Photos are taken with my phone (which run out of charge so went onto my 2nd phone... Pffftt, quality drop!! ).... lighting is by torchlight.

Any whoo... without further adoo.... Here's the first lot of photos...

The 2nd entry (Not the one on the shooting range)
IMG_20170604_155908_zps9rk5wd4y.jpg

A passageway with a nice floor ;-)
IMG_20170604_163344_zpsnsjey4tu.jpg

The Oil Lamp.... We kept left and returned on the right
IMG_20170604_162325_zpsdurds1ii.jpg

You know you're in deep when you see air vents (wasn't that deep really though
IMG_20170604_162629_zpsdef6a9bp.jpg

Oooh... a piece of old track poking out ' the ground.... or as HSE would say.... "Trip Hazard"
IMG_20170604_163922_zpsqq36nphh.jpg

Proof that the curse of the crane and phones is untrue (though this was where my phone suddenly lost its charge!!)
IMG_20170604_164459_zpsm5csvwwf.jpg

Right..... I'll add the pictures off my other phone after I've uploaded them later...
Hope you enjoy the photos as much as we enjoyed our trapse around the old hole.....

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
.... and as stated.... the other photos
This shows the lower quality comparison
IMG_20170604_164613_zpsngrxaxmv.jpg

Spongy beam and support..
IMG_20170604_164809_zps02vmdpc6.jpg

Probably getting into our deepest point here
IMG_20170604_165737_zps5tbpvkjo.jpg

Why is there heavy condensation of your breath in such places ?
IMG_20170604_165740_zpsh201w73h.jpg

Way too many straight joints for this to be a Yorkshire wall :-D
IMG_20170604_170521_zpsi1qwzhtf.jpg

So thirsty my hand couldn't wait for the photo to be taken !!
IMG_20170604_171041_zpssb8nlbtg.jpg

A missing post....
IMG_20170604_171402_zps58vlhx1y.jpg

Next stop..... Cononley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looking as gorgeous as ever @JoanneCard?

Nice photos from the phone, somewhere I should get to as that crane looks stunning :thumb

Mmmmnnn moi?.... gorgeous ?......... Was you in the trees?
Oh, you mean my avatar :-D

The crane was quite impressive..... The kids who were leaving took one photo and it was the crane.
We was in there for a fair while and still didn't feel we saw half the place.....After getting to the crane I asked my son if we was going back the way we came or getting out a different way.... It was pretty weird still having a sense of direction down there as we came back through the middle rather than around the outside.
Overall an enjoyable venture....... You'll be happy to know my son refused to help me remove the crane !!

L

little_ boy_explores

i hated mines about 1 week ago but now i love them and find myself cursing throw the forums to find new updates really nice explore keep it up

shipofthunder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hope you still use this! I don't live too far from here at all but I've never known how to actually access there or where to go! Is there any way you can tell me where abouts the entrance is?? (Update: I don't know how to delete comments but I'm now questioning whether this is even the one near me!)

Last edited:

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hope you still use this! I don't live too far from here at all but I've never known how to actually access there or where to go! Is there any way you can tell me where abouts the entrance is?? (Update: I don't know how to delete comments but I'm now questioning whether this is even the one near me!)
The mine is in Lancashire, if you knew it the entry points are obvious

shipofthunder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The mine is in Lancashire, if you knew it the entry points are obvious
I worked that out afterwards! There's one near me (down south) with a very similar name but all of the entrances have been closed off and I thought someone had finally found a way in haha!

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I want to know more about this crane phone curse

It was something I read elsewhere, that if you find the crane and use your phone to take a photo you will have an accident... I managed ok, then my freshly charged phone suddenly developed a bad battery (Though I believe I fcked that up elsewhere upon investigation).
Besides, the kids that told me how to find the crane showed me a photo on their phone ...
But.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
:-D

LittleOwl

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was something I read elsewhere, that if you find the crane and use your phone to take a photo you will have an accident... I managed ok, then my freshly charged phone suddenly developed a bad battery (Though I believe I fcked that up elsewhere upon investigation).
Besides, the kids that told me how to find the crane showed me a photo on their phone ...
But.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
:-D
Haha cheers. Definitely going to have to test this out for myself. My phone is already fucked from dropping it all the time anyway so bring it on!

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My phone is already fucked
... Indeed... I took my photo and laughed at the curse.... 2 mins later the battery died... It's a fun place really and one I'd do again (I like the way you can spot where quite a few very large rocks have dropped from) .