Report - - Pinnock Tunnel,Par,Cornwall July 2012 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Pinnock Tunnel,Par,Cornwall July 2012


Doped up on Thorozine
28DL Full Member
Formerly the railway from St Blazey to Fowey, after closure in 1968 the trackbed was converted to a road for lorries loaded with china clay to reach Fowey Docks. They have to pass through the narrow 1173-yard-long Pinnock Tunnel, which is equipped with traffic lights.

Pinnock Tunnel was originally on the line from St Blazey to Lostwithiel via Fowey and is the longest tunnel in Cornwall. Since the closure of the railway it has been used as a haul route by Imerys and their predecessors to give access from Par to Fowey docks.

MODS if this is not up to scratch then feel free to delete :thumb











Similar threads