real time web analytics
Report - - Pipemare, Halifax - June 2018 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pipemare, Halifax - June 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Pipemare is the culverted Hebble Brook in Halifax, I had never seen it personally but when top khent @siologen mentioned he was venturing to Yorkshire for duhurns and general underground tomfoolery I had to pop over to meet the man himself and check out this photogenic drain. I wasn't disappointed.

The infall has recently had a new grille added to it, but with some engineering we were quickly in...

The culvert is fairly sizeable and it appears that even with no recent rainfall the flow is substantial, you wouldn't want to be in here during a storm!

Photos are in order from upstream to downstream.

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

We didn't go any further downstream because we're both lazy fucks.

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Nice pics mate. Jeez it's a mess down there - look at all that rubbish!

Cheers, I imagine when the CSOs start doing their thing it could easily turn into p00pmare!

Would be cool to see more pics of drains overflowing if only to warn others how easily things can change. Obviously without putting one's self at risk in the process!

Reactions: WB

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Would be cool to see more pics of drains overflowing if only to warn others how easily things can change. Obviously without putting one's self at risk in the process!

I put a couple of videos up over the years

Good work getting this one done, it's hard work at times and even worse for a while if you carry beyond them pipes downstream in your last photo

Reactions: WB

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Good work getting this one done, it's hard work at times and even worse for a while if you carry beyond them pipes downstream in your last photo

Aye its a bit tough on the old ankles but i'm used to it by now.
Yeah Siologen mentioned it goes further and there is a junction with Ovenden brook after the clusterfuck of pipes.
Might go back one day if I can recruit a partner in crime, would like to see the bottom section.

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
How do you get to this?

Is it in Mixenden?

What Stranton said, follow the blue lines on the map you can't miss it. I'm not familiar with the areas of Halifax I just know its part of Hebble brook. Very easy to find on a map.

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Is it hard work, though? Very enjoyable and a decent height throughout I always find.