real time web analytics
Report - - Pirelli - Burton on Trent - April 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pirelli - Burton on Trent - April 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I have wanted to see this site for a good while now, as i was visiting in Staffs i thought i was a good opportunity for some detourz and see this place.

The idea was to meet with Decender, however he was unable to make it but big thanks goes to him for the info, cheers dude :thumb

Due to time i only covered the industrial part (this was my main aim) but i will be doing the Mill/Warehouse part some time in the future.......

History shamelessly stolen for Host's excellent report

In 1872 Giovanni Battista Pirelli, a young engineer, founded Pirelli & C. in Milan at the age of twenty-four. A year later, the first facility for the production of rubber articles was up and running.
Toward the end of the century the process of diversification began: from insulated telegraph cable (1879) to underwater telegraph cable (1886) to the first bicycle tyres (1890). The first automobile tyre came off the line in 1901. With the new century, Pirelli began enjoying its first sporting victories and building plants abroad: in Spain (1902), Great Britain (1914) and Argentina (1917).

Buttonz, Leverz, Guagez and other shiz....

Pirellir.jpg

Pirelli-15r.jpg

Pirelli-8r.jpg

Pirelli-11r.jpg
Pirelli-12r.jpg

Pirelli-13r.jpg

Pipez, tankz etc......

Pirelli-6r.jpg

Pirelli-3r.jpg
Pirelli-4r.jpg

Pirelli-2r.jpg

Pirelli-9r.jpg

Pirelli-18r.jpg

Pirelli-10r.jpg
Pirelli-7r.jpg

Walkwayz and gantries ........

Pirelli-22r.jpg
Pirelli-21r.jpg

Pirelli-17r.jpg
Pirelli-16r.jpg

Pirelli-19r.jpg

Pirelli-14r.jpg
Good site this, shame i did not manage to cover it all in one go, but despite getting piss wet through i really enjoyed it.

Cheers for looking :thumb