Lead or Rumour info - Pit closures announced

• Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Apr 12, 2011
Hatfield still there Xan (when they are not trying to demolish Network Rail property)...

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Come back in 18 months :)

Next door neighbour works at Kellingley on the face, says there"s 200 Million worth of Coal on easy access face left that only needs 10 Million investment ( from us :) to get out. So most of the surplus staff can go beforehand as they run the rest of it down and concentrate on the Money before a quick exit.

Oxygen Thief

Staff member
Oct 17, 2005
I hear coal mines are quite a bit more dangerous than other mines, think I'll just stick to Middleton for my mining fix
You'll never get down one of the deep pits, less chance once they're closed or closing. The point is, explore the top side. Bath houses, headstocks, conveyors, medical, welfare, lamp rooms, coal prep, the list is endless. We should be on these places.