real time web analytics
Report - - Pitsmore Working Mens Club, Sheffield - 2006 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pitsmore Working Mens Club, Sheffield - 2006

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bit of an old explore this, back in 2006. I thought I would put up the few WMC's I have done in the past as they are my project for 2012.

Pitsmore Working Mens club was built in a former Georgian residence ( I might write a book one day entitled "stuff made out of Georgian Houses") and as a result it was a mixture of 50's architecture with traces of expensive and grand fixtures and fittings, the most impressive of which being a stunning stained glass window on the staircase. The main club room was burned out but however the billiard room, bar and office were intact. This was a huge club which would have served a large community of steel workers around the area. Among the paperwork were records of boxing matches, childrens outings to the seaside and dinner dances, showing how active these places were and why they were once so popular.

As far as I know the club still stands, but I doubt another 6 years of dereliction would have done it any favours...

PitsmoreWMC-16.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-15.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-14.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-13.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-12.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-11.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-10.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-8.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-7.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-6.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-5.jpg

PitsmoreWMC-4.jpg