real time web analytics
Question - - Places and people in the Forest of Dean | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Places and people in the Forest of Dean

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Darksonic222

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello I've been in the Forest of Dean for around 2 and a half years now and my whole family love Urbex we watch video's constantly but I've always loved going to the locations, I use to live in North Yorkshire and a fair few popped up so it was easy to do but now in the Forest of Dean with no car I'm not finding anything as I don't have any people I know here so I'm not really sure about any groups or not. I can get the bus around and Gloucester is an easy place to get to via bus, when they aren't broken down (anyone around here will know xD) Anyway if there is anyone around the Forest of Dean Gloucestershire please get in touch :)

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
There's few underground mines and quarries in the Forest of Dean if that's your thing. Clearwell has the public tours. I think that Old Ham Ironstone Mine does a short public tour and that it's possible to visit the non-tourist parts with prior arrangement with the owners. A quick search tells me there is also Westbury Brook Ironstone Mine and others. But it's out of my area and don't really know, try contacting the Forest of Dean Caving Club website.

wellingtonian

Subterráneo
Regular User
Keep an eye on the forum for the Bristol meets. There you will meet like minded people and no doubt get to do some exploring after the pub meet.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Cable works at Lydbrook are always interesting but sometimes a little dicey with security. Plenty of old mines/quaries from the forrests industrial past around.

Recall there was a semi derp chemical place just up from Lydbrook in Cinderford. You've got a bit, or did have, some industrial derp around Lydney Docks etc.

Darksonic222

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I know of one by the Lydney docks but I heard it got set fire to in May? Not to sure but thanks all for the replies :)

wellingtonian

Subterráneo
Regular User
Cable works at Lydbrook are always interesting but sometimes a little dicey with security.

No shit.........

1cf40b5568bf0b3cf4644a9f84a29dac_zpsd91fda5b.jpg

Darksonic222

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Best take a few steaks? I think I'll have to maybe scope that out or miss it entirely haha.

Sn4le

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Got caught by in here by security a few years back 2012ish. They phoned the police and 3 cars turned up. They took all our names and that was it really.