real time web analytics
Information - - Please Read!!! | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Please Read!!!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

thephil2006

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All, there is an ex-member of here that has been going around selling all his finds to the press.

Every place he has leaked within a few weeks has been trashed!! Some of the places contained personal belongings of owners past, forgotten and rear items and very personal letters, post cards and other keep safes. The people who have been going to the locations after have destroyed, burnt, trashed, tagged and stole from these places!!

Personally I believe that the places we explore should be treated with the upmost respect to keep these places safe and secure and try deter people from causing undue damage, theft and to be honest dam right disrespectful behaviour!!

Because of this, and i know some may disagree and i do respect all opinions, that this person Lost Places and Forgotten Places should be kept at arms length.

I have personally seen the damage he has cause by releasing to the press at the "House of sadness", from what it was like to my visit and now the current state this place is in, trashed!!

Thanks for your time

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
Hi All, there is an ex-member of here that has been going around selling all his finds to the press.

Every place he has leaked within a few weeks has been trashed!! Some of the places contained personal belongings of owners past, forgotten and rear items and very personal letters, post cards and other keep safes. The people who have been going to the locations after have destroyed, burnt, trashed, tagged and stole from these places!!

Personally I believe that the places we explore should be treated with the upmost respect to keep these places safe and secure and try deter people from causing undue damage, theft and to be honest dam right disrespectful behaviour!!

Because of this, and i know some may disagree and i do respect all opinions, that this person Lost Places and Forgotten Places should be kept at arms length.

I have personally seen the damage he has cause by releasing to the press at the "House of sadness", from what it was like to my visit and now the current state this place is in, trashed!!

Thanks for your time
Hes Facebook famous though and we are all jealous of his fame....apparently..

thephil2006

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Probably so, it just really winds me up that this is still going on. His latest is in some houses near Tadcaster, the buildings were secure about a month ago. I can only assume hes broke in!

thephil2006

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hes Facebook famous though and we are all jealous of his fame....apparently..
can safely say not jealous in the slightest, just goes to show how small someones "member" is when they have to sell things to the press to get there fame!

chills

Queller of the uprising
Standard flip side that comes with the hobby I’m afraid. As Oort mentioned ‘former member’. As a public site there’s only so much that can be done and if a friendly bit of advice isn’t listened or adhered to, the result is usually the sellout that spirals into the hands of the monster that is the media.

Coxieboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of my local groups (Southport) was saying how a building had been "Tagged" by an urban explorer, I went to great lengths to explain, this is not how we work, we stick to the code, take only photographs, leave only footprints, and pointed out the Futurist in Lime St and how Urbex were the last ones to record it before it was demolished, and that we do go to great lengths to protect. Unfortunately, it only takes one or two to give urbex a bad name.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Them and another person are really trying there best to destory the entire scene up in Yorks. luckily they only like shitty derps by the look if it, Yet to see any over processed shite of anything decent or new. I hope they grow up and realise what they're doing isn't helping anyone.

Alexia3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's awful. I hate the people that just go in to trash the place. I can't understand the mentality of doing that. The looters and smashers are a scourge.

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
Total disrespect to the whole of the urban exploration community disgraceful not happy at all glad he's an ex member he should be banned from all urban exploration sites and chats

Alexia3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
People like that are scum. He must not care about places getting trashed, but ought to know better than to release locations.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
He was recently posting on Facebook about how he wants urbex to become a really popular hobby and he hopes everyone starts doing it, also the melt decided to call out various members on here, me included, as we all must be jealous haters or something, the usual guff from these idiots.

The good thing is he's not doing anything new or special, just retreading the sort of soggy ruined derps most people did years ago which all the middle aged women who follow his page and others like it seem to get great pleasure in seeing.

Who has read this thread (Total: 207) View details