real time web analytics
Report - - Pleasurewood Hills. Lowestoft. Suffolk. Winter 2013 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pleasurewood Hills. Lowestoft. Suffolk. Winter 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
This explore was one that I had wanted to do for a long time... Not for the quality of images, as I knew it would be dark... But just so I could say I had done it.

So a army of us.. About 10 if I remember right, scoured the perimeter looking for access.. In the process of doing this, we bumped into 2 on site security huts and plenty of CCTV and PIR.

We found a easy way in (well except the person who could not climb a 6ft fence)

My initial plan was for some star trails in the roller coaster, but by the time we had dragged mr I cant climb over the 2 fence's it had started to cloud over.

The group split up and we had a little snout around.. I stayed down by one of the coasters and took some photos, but on hearing some vehicle movement and lights popping on we decided to make a move and go check out some other locations up the coast. Even this turned out to be fun and a good end to the night.

Sorry about the shortage of photos, but we did not stay for 2 long and it was bloody cold.

History (cheers wiki)
The park was created by entrepreneur Joe Larter in 1983 as a small American-themed family attraction, containing a miniature railway, Cine 180 and adventure playground. Yearly expansion brought the addition new attractions and general improvements. Controlling interest in the park was sold to RKF, a property development company, in the late 1980s. RKF built attractions including two Sea Life centres (Great Yarmouth & Hunstanton), a Ripley's Believe It or Not (Great Yarmouth seafront) and the 9-mile (14 km) Bure Valley Railway (in Aylsham). It started building a second Pleasurewood Hills style park in Cleethorpes. RKF went bankrupt in early 1991 and its attractions were sold. Some Pleasurewood management staff took control of The Bygone Village at Fleggburgh.

Noel Edmonds converted the Haunted Theatre into Crinkley Bottom Castle in the mid-1990s. The park also featured appearances by Mr Blobby and Edmonds himself.

The park continued in this vein until 1996-7, when it was bought by Leisure Great Britain, a caravan park operator. It owned the park until 2000, when Peter and Peggy Hadden, who had been connected with the park for many years, bought it. The name changed to New Pleasurewood Hills. In 2000 the park bought Magic Mouse.

In 2004, Grévin & Cie, a French leisure group, purchased the site. The name reverted to its original form and in early 2005 the owners said they would spend £3 million on improvements.

Changes included repainting and renaming a number of rides, but the first major investment was in the park's first inverting coaster, Wipeout (roller coaster), from the closed American Adventure. The old cars were scrapped and new ones bought from Walibi World.

In 2009 the Mellow Yellow log flume was repainted and had a revamped entrance. It is now called Timber Falls. In 2010 the park put a StreetDance show in the Castle Theatre. In 2010 the park appointed a new manager.

On 30 January 2011, it was announced that the park had been sold to a new company. H.I.G Capital France, in partnership with industry expert Laurent Bruloy, purchased seven leisure parks, including Pleasurewood Hills, from across Europe. The seven parks will benefit from a joint investment of around £1.7million over 5 years. This included the addition of 5 new attractions for the 2012 season and another 4 a year later.

The site
pleasurewood_hills_2000_map_zps0f08e6dc.jpg

Security ;)
images3_zps3144e77d.jpg

IMG_0942_zps9b2cc094.jpg

Spot the other explores
IMG_0949_zps2354f2b7.jpg

IMG_0961_zps87ecdec0.jpg

IMG_0962_zpsa7e3f41e.jpg

IMG_0965_zpsaf81eeda.jpg

IMG_0968_zps34a96d41.jpg

IMG_0972_zps11effcef.jpg

Later on up the coast
IMG_0974_zpsb351b54f.jpg

IMG_0980_zps9084d39c.jpg

Andy-

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love the photos. I remember sneaking in here as a kid while on holiday in Corton.

krissigalores

Poison Ivy
28DL Full Member
Is it still open? I used to go there about 10-13 years ago.. Oh the memories.
Great photos, would have loved to have seen more but it's understandable that there may not have been chance!