real time web analytics
Report - - Plunger - Milton Keynes - May 2016 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Plunger - Milton Keynes - May 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WelshMoocher

Where'd the floor go?
28DL Full Member
Cracking shots, and hat's off for getting them, because I would sh*t my pants in there if I'm honest!

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking shots, and hat's off for getting them, because I would sh*t my pants in there if I'm honest!

It's not as claustrophobic as other drains, but yes, there is something unnerving about this one. A place to avoid if there is even the remotest chance of rain. And that gate at the end should be left closed and not tampered....disgraceful health and safety standards, should be closed off with just a baffle to limit flow into the sump, thus preventing access to all but rodents.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your right, but I have been on the old soapbox, I'm sure the blokes doing it were careful. I still say that sump is dangerous though. Cheers, pb

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone!

@pastybarm: We certainly were careful and have explored systems far more scary than this; In fact, there was nowt scary about it one bit - it was rather pleasant. However, the sewage infested sump at the end of Hulme Flume where the red brick tunnel dives further underground is a very different ball game - now that is something that sends a shiver down the spine! :eek:

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No worries , reverent one. No doubt you were careful, and that is good. Maybe it's just that sump, looks a bit grim to me.

I'll check this hulme flume one now...sewers are not places to be trifled with!

cheers,
pb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah that sump isn't great, the o2 level dropped a fair bit last time I went down that end in flume

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, t'was me who posted that. But seeing as I am not in Bolton right now or for the forseeable future, it's not likely to be me ever exploring and reporting on that tank, so no. I have spoken. Thank you.

Last edited:

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
I wouldn't normally bump one of my own posts but having been back here with Urbancaving, Punk and a few others one hot afternoon, I though it was best to add these extra pics to this existing report rather than do another one. The first time Urbancaving and me visited this drain was late one evening but due to the nature of the sump, we knew it must look quite interesting in daytime and it certainly did! This trip also afforded time to finally go all the way upstream to see the larger of the two drop shafts.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg