Web
Analytics
General - - Plymouth Uni Crane? | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Plymouth Uni Crane?

Seffy

Bally up!
Regular User
Had a look as I drove round the big roundabout the other week, looks like they have trapdoors in them which isn't ideal, but not a reason to rule them out...
I'd suggest waiting for some building to go up around them, makes it so much easier that way :thumb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah it's always best to wait for the building to reach higher than the cage.
Some cranes have cages with a hole in the side large enough to squeeze through (not very common anymore though), and sometimes the workers will forget to lock the cage.
It's all luck really!
I have managed to climb couple cranes a day after their erection, before a cage has even been put on!
Before James Kingston began publishing his stuff, cages on cranes were very rare. Shame really although nothing wrong with a challenge!

Threxxy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Had a look as I drove round the big roundabout the other week, looks like they have trapdoors in them which isn't ideal, but not a reason to rule them out...
I'd suggest waiting for some building to go up around them, makes it so much easier that way :thumb
PM me if you decide to do something, have done one small tower crane before and some high bits in Plymouth but haven't been out in a while!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
PM me if you decide to do something, have done one small tower crane before and some high bits in Plymouth but haven't been out in a while!
I did the taller one about a month ago mate.
It's a bit of a squeeze around the trap door but certainty possible without a camera bag. (I couldn't fit mine through so I had to leave it)

I would meet up with you but I was only in Plymouth for a day when I did it and live a fair distance away.

Gander

28DL Member
28DL Member
I went up this crane a few weeks back before there was two of them and managed to squeeze between the cage and the diagonal crane beam, I literally walked into the site and went straight up nobody seemed to be watching it.

Let me know if you fancy another shoot up there some time.