real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Police condemn Lincoln cathedral climbers | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Police condemn Lincoln cathedral climbers

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
the rozzers have to be 'seen to be doing their job' and I reckon the 'attempted burglary' thing is mainly to appease the old ladies (etc) of lincoln and to try to put off the local yoof trying the same thing.

LachlanF

Amateur urbanexer
28DL Full Member
the rozzers have to be 'seen to be doing their job' and I reckon the 'attempted burglary' thing is mainly to appease the old ladies (etc) of lincoln and to try to put off the local yoof trying the same thing.

Yeah well my uncle is in the police and says that you have to make a certain amount of arrests a week, so that is probably the reason..

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Yeah well my uncle is in the police and says that you have to make a certain amount of arrests a week, so that is probably the reason..

so if there is no crime does he just go and arrest random people for doing nothing wrong ?

LachlanF

Amateur urbanexer
28DL Full Member
so if there is no crime does he just go and arrest random people for doing nothing wrong ?

No, not just arresting people for nothing, it actually has to be something, but it is probably the reason why everyone is getting arrested for 'suspicion of bulgary'

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
No, not just arresting people for nothing, it actually has to be something, but it is probably the reason why everyone is getting arrested for 'suspicion of bulgary'

so what happens if there is no-one to arrest and they don't make quotas ?

LachlanF

Amateur urbanexer
28DL Full Member
I do not really know, its just a thing to stick by, i will have to ask him as he works for london police

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
I do not really know, its just a thing to stick by, i will have to ask him as he works for london police

thats my point......it can't be a thing to stick to otherwise there would be people getting arrested for nothing so that police could make quotas.

I very much doubt that the police are told they must make "x" ammount of arrests,that would make them on performance related pay,and lead to all sorts of goings on.

....not that i'm saying police are corrupt or anything :rolleyes:

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
I do find it hard to believe, I was aware that all arrests go on the country data base, so they can see what county has the most arrests, when there has been a percentage drop, let's say Manchester, surely they cant of made more arrests than the previous year?

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
To many pointless 'Arrests' would also fuck up the Conviction Rate, and that upsets the Chief Constable!

goan

Chatbox Retard
28DL Full Member
They get bonus's for arrests and have quotas, there was a thing on the news a while ago for people being arrested for littering the released to make targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details