Web
Analytics
Police Station, Irwell Street - March 2015 | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Police Station, Irwell Street - March 2015

M

Mr Popo

So yesterday I heard about this alternate way to get in to the Station as the main access point was boarded up. When one of my friends climbed through, he saw what he thought was a sensor, but we didn't know whether it was on or off. So we decided to deliberately set off the sensor and see if it did anything. When we waved at the sensor, it made no noise, but we left the premises to be safe. 20 minutes later we saw a Community Patrol van pull into the Police Station and a second one not too long after. They were in there for a good hour before we decided to call it a day. Does this sound like the sensor was working? Or that they were just checking the premises coincidentally as we were there?

P1000403_zps86j7jtiq.jpg

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
I'd say they were having a proper check if they were there an hour. It sounds like the sensor was working to me.
If that's a photo of how you got in you should probably take it down too..

M

Mr Popo

I'd say they were having a proper check if they were there an hour. It sounds like the sensor was working to me.
If that's a photo of how you got in you should probably take it down too..
It feels like if the sensor was working they would have been there earlier, 20 minutes is a long time to respond to an alarm.

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
I don't know, mine usually takes that long to wake me up.
What are you judging their response time against?

M

Mr Popo

Well the station is right in the Town, so you see those Community vans pretty much everywhere. You'd think all it'd take is for someone to make a phone call and the van to turn up in 10 minutes tops.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
Id say 20mins is about average response time. Its hard to say for sure if they were there for you but certainly possible. Especially if Ojay knows its alarmed,

M

Mr Popo

Might try and set off the alarm again next week and see if the same thing happens. Because if this sensor isn't working then I can actually start exploring it.

Bolts

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Normally a 5 minute response time if you set the main alarm off. However you'd know if you set the main one off ;)
It's hardly something that would warrant a rapid response it's a stripped out mess.

I'm surprised they even bothered
It's not actually as bad as you'd expect, they've just removed most of the furniture