real time web analytics
General - - Pontins Hemsby June 2018 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Pontins Hemsby June 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The original 9 acre holiday camp was opened in 1920 by Harry Maddieson, and run by his family until it was sold to Pontins in 1971. Pontins replaced the wooden chalets with new apartment-style pre-cast concrete accommodation blocks. At its peak, the camp of 22 acres had four single-storey chalet blocks and 44 two-storey chalet blocks, providing 512 individual chalets in three grades that could accommodate up to 2440 holidaymakers and 50 onsite staff beds. The 50 onsite buildings provided: reception and information centre; amusement arcade; fast food outlet; a play area; an entertainment hall seating 1,700; smaller hall accommodating 800 and a shop; an indoor swimming pool; a pub; and snooker rooms.

Outside facilities included tennis courts, an adventure playground and go-karting track. In January 2009, following five years of declining bookings and after a review from Pontins' new owners Ocean Parks, Pontins gave staff 48 hours notice of closure of the site. Sold together with the Blackpool camp to developer Northern Trust, it has been subject to a number of development proposals in the period since, none of which have progressed to planning. It has been a target of fires and vandals in recent years and still stays abandoned to this day.

Used a Sony Camera.

Here are some of my photos from 2017-2018 Hope you enjoy.

DSC00658.JPG

DSC00659.JPG

DSC00656.JPG

DSC00671.JPG

DSC00686.JPG

DSC00710.JPG

DSC00630.JPG

DSC00668.JPG

DSC00641.JPG

DSC00655.JPG

DSC00770.JPG

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
I went to Hemsby in the 1980s, Bermuda land rather than Pontins
have some nice memories.

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i Can not believe this place is still standing!

Yep its like Denbigh this place. Good in parts and wrecked in other parts of the site. Shame this is not still running as a holiday cam, though great site. Been here 7 times just for the place for pictures, great on any day. If I lived by I would be there ever week just filming there is more to this site than people think. I have never seen pictures off the lower end of the site as the rooms have no damage to them. Thanks though glad you like the pics.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Yep its like Denbigh this place. Good in parts and wrecked in other parts of the site. Shame this is not still running as a holiday cam, though great site. Been here 7 times just for the place for pictures, great on any day. If I lived by I would be there ever week just filming there is more to this site than people think. I have never seen pictures off the lower end of the site as the rooms have no damage to them. Thanks though glad you like the pics.
TBH this looks like my pontins (southport,) it is not good for the community and only fills a litter beach i hope pontins disappear