real time web analytics
Report - - Pontins Holiday Camp..Hemsby 2014 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pontins Holiday Camp..Hemsby 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Only bit you missed was the area i worked in, the Kitchen, nice to see less trashed pics of the place and memories of eating in the restaurant on my day off , oh and the bars, i drank my own wieght in alcohol everynight working there for 5 odd months.. Happy days.. My end of season award for Camp Alcoholic. i won that comp hands down ...

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Only bit you missed was the area i worked in, the Kitchen, nice to see less trashed pics of the place and memories of eating in the restaurant on my day off , oh and the bars, i drank my own wieght in alcohol everynight working there for 5 odd months.. Happy days.. My end of season award for Camp Alcoholic. i won that comp hands down ...
Ha ha as if you got an award. How ever much did you drink. Me and my mates went on holiday here. You prob cooked my food :D :p

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Ha ha as if you got an award. How ever much did you drink. Me and my mates went on holiday here. You prob cooked my food :D :p
2004 season i was there mate, summer right up till december. i drank constantly, and i mean constantly, before work, after work and on lunchbreak id nip to the pub, i didnt do things in half measures ;)

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
2004 season i was there mate, summer right up till december. i drank constantly, and i mean constantly, before work, after work and on lunchbreak id nip to the pub, i didnt do things in half measures ;)
Sounds like a wild time at work. Could you imagine doing that stuff now at work. It was 1990 I went. We only went as it was near and a good laugh. We had a fantastic week though.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Sounds like a wild time at work. Could you imagine doing that stuff now at work. It was 1990 I went. We only went as it was near and a good laugh. We had a fantastic week though.
i doubt id get away with any of it, to be honest every job ive had ive been a drinker so it was second nature, a high functioning piss head :D

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yep I had ones back as far as 2004 but didn't back my pc up, and lost 10 yrs worth of explores, I was gutted. Now I use an external drive, so from 2014 ish on Ive all my explores.
Wow that's a lot off photos to lose. You been doing it that long. Do you post your explores then? I only started in 2013 and got very heavily from 2014. I did not even know anyone or that it was a thing. Just was finding local stuff. And I still like finding stuff.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Wow that's a lot off photos to lose. You been doing it that long. Do you post your explores then? I only started in 2013 and got very heavily from 2014. I did not even know anyone or that it was a thing. Just was finding local stuff. And I still like finding stuff.
It was gutting to lose them. Yep I've been a nosey cow for years lol, being where I shouldn't. I guess as I use to work one side of the law, going the other side was an intrigue for me, plus growing up, I was surrounded by tunnels, empty manor houses and giant cement works, all called to me, as I was a bit of a tomboy back then.

Yep I post when I can. Not some much in last 18 mths due to Covid & ive MS. So vulnerable. But I have done around 5/6 outings, so got a bit of research to do. I recently did an old bus graveyard, and avoided workers next door restoring a 1930s open top. But Ive no idea on buses, so research is needed. Plus a London taxis graveyard & old glass business etc . So Ive some work to do lol

Avvot 2019

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Heading into the main block which has an Egyptian theme I think.

Kids play area

Maintenance rooms. Basically a row of chalets that had been converted and a couple off purpose built blocks. It was at this point I am in the blocks right opposite the main drive I see security drive up the drive. So I stay hidden till they have left and never saw them anymore.

It still looks opem haha

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It was gutting to lose them. Yep I've been a nosey cow for years lol, being where I shouldn't. I guess as I use to work one side of the law, going the other side was an intrigue for me, plus growing up, I was surrounded by tunnels, empty manor houses and giant cement works, all called to me, as I was a bit of a tomboy back then.

Yep I post when I can. Not some much in last 18 mths due to Covid & ive MS. So vulnerable. But I have done around 5/6 outings, so got a bit of research to do. I recently did an old bus graveyard, and avoided workers next door restoring a 1930s open top. But Ive no idea on buses, so research is needed. Plus a London taxis graveyard & old glass business etc . So Ive some work to do lol
So glad you are still getting out there despite barriers in your way. And you contribute so much to the forum with positive and constructive comments. Covid really did halt things in its tracks. Well for a lot off us it did, maybe not others.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
So glad you are still getting out there despite barriers in your way. And you contribute so much to the forum with positive and constructive comments. Covid really did halt things in its tracks. Well for a lot off us it did, maybe not others.
Yep it did, and still is in some ways. Yes I cant stand not getting out to nosey at something. Im here everyday, to contribute & be part of the forum. Support & contribution is important for an active forum. Agreed some did break lockdown a lot, I just couldn't risk it.

Who has read this thread (Total: 241) View details