real time web analytics
Report - - Pool Park Hospital, Ruthin - Aug 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pool Park Hospital, Ruthin - Aug 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
built in 1826 for the second lord bagot and apparently lost in a wager ,in the 1930,s it was purchased by the local health authority as a convalescent home for 80 male patients , during ww2 a POW camp was housed nearby for italian prisoners of war ,these POWS would of most likely helped out on local farms , coming from a country that was still predominantly agricultural .
in 1949 the hospital was aquired by the fledgling NHS to alleviate the pressure on denbigh Lunatic Asylum which was struggling to cope . in the 1960s the death nell for these places was sounded , by the 1970s these asylums were progressively closed down .
in 1989 pool parc closed its doors for good , in 1992 the place was bought by a developer to turn into apartments , legal wrangles with the local council has put back these plans resulting in this complex falling into ruin. pool parc is well hidden by the surrounding forest and only plays host to local wildlife and an inquisitive bat who likes to annoy urban explorers like myself . visited with Cazel#HT
pool 1.jpg
pool 2.jpg
pool 3.jpg
pool 4.jpg
pool 5.jpg
pool 6.jpg
pool 7.jpg
pool 8.jpg
pool 9.jpg
pool 10.jpg
pool 12.jpg
pool 13.jpg
pool 14.jpg
pool 15.jpg
pool 16.jpg
pool 17.jpg
pool 18.jpg
pool 19.jpg
pool 20.jpg
pool 21.jpg
pool 34.jpg
pool 23.jpg
pool 24.jpg
pool 25.jpg
pool 26.jpg
pool 27.jpg
pool 28.jpg
pool 29.jpg
pool 31.jpg
pool 33.jpg

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
interesting set of pic's scotty, and you look like Zack Dingle from Emmerdale :D:D:D
and you look like elvis !..lol . only came here as a back up plan cos a new derp i had planned was spoilt by the bloody rozzers , should of set our cain on em ! ...lol

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Like your take on that buddy, got some very nice pics :thumb
well WILL KNOT i looked at everybody elses pics and did,nt want to do a carbon copy of them as it would be boring for other members , plus for some weird reason i like moody shots of toilets ...lol . i am surprised that no one else has pics of the tin roof chapel and the 3 spooky chairs ? had to press my camera against the dirty window to get the shot !

Cazel#HT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
enjoyed the view of the surrounding area from the high point of the chimney stack.....but lots of interesting sites inside the hospital.......the amazing carved woodwork, the strange fungi growing on the walls and an empty bottle of Moët left in a crumbling corridor. More pics to follow xx

GeorgiaCog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great set of photos! I've been to Denbigh a few times, would love to check this place out! Any hints on how to find it?

Bikerchick95

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
These pics are awesome, we went to Denbigh last weekend as was going to go here afterwards but after 6 odd hours getting round denbigh we wouldn't of had alot of time, will definitely have to take a trip back to Wales though.