real time web analytics
Report - - Porter Culverts , Sheffield , 13.03.22 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Porter Culverts , Sheffield , 13.03.22

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
First explore of the year ! Having been busy at work and not taking advantage of a really dry january and feb being a wash out i was chomping at the bit to get something done ! Did the porter culverts along with Megatron in august 2015 but my photos from that day left a lot to be desired fast forward a few years ( nearly 7 ! ) and i was down here again this time on my own at 8 oclock on a sunday morning. Had forgotten what a cracking little explore this is always overshadowed by its neighbour megatron it escapes attention and sneaks under the radar . This time around i came at it from upstream climbing in where the culvert skylights outside decathlon it was a bit of a drop down in to the river porter but once in i walked upstream and got kitted up inside the culvert as building work is now well underway on what looks like a large apartment block of flats

the culvert collapsed here in the car park of decathlon a few years back looks like they have sparred no expense in remedial work must have cost a packet !

the start of the old stone arch section there was a few pigeons roosting in this first section i tell thee gave me a welcome fright lol

this was the state of the roof in august 2015 before the collapse , moving on upstream obligatory shopping trolley pic

kept left as the right hand side was deeper than it looks in the pic

coming out in to the open air bit

back underground looking upstream then looking downstream

waist deep the water here good job i had the chest waders on !

bit cramped in height here tried to walk in the concrete

channel but the flow was that fast was worried i would lose my footing so opted for the safer back ache lol

daylight in sight

looking back downstream concrete rcp coming in on left but no trolley cart today

a welcome bit of fresh air then straight back underground

looking back downstream then a change from blue brick to red

looking downstream now a complete change in style from brick to concrete box

the light in the distance is a ladder going up to an open air grill very clean this section

one of the few pictures from the 23rd of august 2015 that were any good 2 friends and me walked the culvert all the way from Endcliffe park to megatron this is the ladder and grill

like a flooded subway very clean if featureless a nice mix and match these culverts

big area and an old stone arch bridge , next pic looking back downstream

under the stone arch bridge it changed again to red brick

coming out now then climbed out on the last pic

was a climb out here i tell ya ,was easier to get out further upstream but it meant going through a really deep bit so opted to get out here , forgotten how good this explore was enjoyed it thanks for viewing :thumb

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice. Good to see the repairs. I always like seeing the changes from brick to concrete, and the structures inside. Nice set.

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
finally they fixed the culvert, everytime i went to decathlon with my dad id always check the culvert just to see it still open. looks good now they didnt mess around, great report!