real time web analytics
Report - - Portsdown fuel depot - Sept 2015 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Portsdown fuel depot - Sept 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mark twiglet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My First report...... Be Gentle

Well after not getting very far into the tunnels last week, I arranged for two mates to come with me......then Ben got wind and joined us.....
we arrived on site at about 8.30 and armed ourselves with cameras, tripods and torches and headed on in!
door at north entrance was open but stiff...just needs a good pull! walked down the slope (30 degrees downwards) for what seemed ages......(about 5 minutes) and then flattens out with another gate in front of you!
you then have several left hand side cubby holes with inspection vents going up about 35 feet(10 metres) in new money.... and on the right is a small empty room... walking again for what seems miles it turns to the left and starts getting black and sooty (recent fire damage) some idiots set a fire there last week!! TUT!!!! It then turns right again and carried on right to the epicentre of the blaze! turned right into the upper pump room......big taps are all you see from above .... but in the left hand corner is a ladder...... go down the ladder and OMG!!!

its HUGE! take the left hand steps making sure you don't slip and go round to the left Inside you have two huge pumps and miles of pipes ....through the door on the left and you have the electricity power house and fuse boards galore and carry on round to the steps behind the garden shed...... the steps seem to go on forever and after the first flight we agreed it was probably a wasted journey! so went back to the tunnel and carried onto the other end where we went out into the cutting and took some shots and had a smoke then back inside for a second look around ....... it was getting late so reckoned we'd call it a night walked the long walk while shooting in the tunnel on the way and up the long, steep slope to the top.....I was lagging behind and when I got out I found my mate who had arrived late just about to come in....this was about 10,30 pm! so the others left for home and my mate and I went back in..... straight back to the pump room and we were in there shooting in the dark and lightpainting until 1am this morning!

ive got about 10 shots to load but it wont let me post them well it says they too big! and I don't know how to sort it.
20634299353_87f55d9f23_b.jpg

20631102834_d8a386b768_b.jpg

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you"re using Flickr drop them down to medium size something like 1000x800 is the max i think. 800x600 is what i post. I suppose Photobucket is similar ?

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
Here's aquick photo resizing software report i did Photo Resizing Freeware
It does the re-sizing of pics on your computer.
Pictures don't have to be on a photo site to post. This here new fangled site allows you to directly attach your pictures from your computer into the report (after resizing ...;)) Another little post shows you how. ( little ways in
New Member Info Part 2/2

And remember, don't hesitate to ask stupid questions, they're easier to handle than stupid mistakes!!! (& they hurt a lot less ! :eek: ) ...

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well at least 2 of them were worth posting up what's the other 7 like ? ;)

Be better if you increase the gap between yr 2 pics. Isolates the image rather than blending into the next one .

Always fancied this place

Mark twiglet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was coming connected to Internet via a dongle and it ran out of credit so I'll do the rest tonight .....

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks more interesting ;)

You can in future edit the original report and add in the additional pics, and you"ve double posted a pic FYI