real time web analytics
Report - - Portsdown Main, Portsmouth - January 10 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Portsdown Main, Portsmouth - January 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ryno118

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep. Its another Portsdown Main report. But its my first explore, so I thought I should mark it with my first report.

I have been waiting to do my first explore for a bit now. And after failing to find someone to tag along with and waking up to some great weather. I decided to pick up my point and shoot cam and some other gear, and go solo.

I decided to visit a building that has been looking down at me from atop the hill on a daily basis.

randomnut:
Portsdown Main is an impressive art deco style building which dominates the north Portsmouth skyline sitting atop Portsdown Hill. The building was designed back in the 30s but was never actually built until the 50s, eventually housing Admiralty Signals Establishment (ASE) Admiralty Surface Weapons Establishment (ASWE) Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA) and finally Defence Research Agency (DRA).

As has been mentioned on other reports, the building has been gutted! Was a bit of a shame as all the rooms looked the same. Here goes!

After finding a way in, I got out my cam and did my best photographer impersonation.

P1000541.jpg

Portsdown Main

P1000546.jpg

The rear

P1000550.jpg

Some kind of attempt to keep people out

P1000554.jpg

P1000557.jpg

Looks like a war zone

P1000560.jpg

P1000577.jpg

Main stairs

P1000579.jpg

Main entrance

P1000596.jpg

I found a few of these. They look like a walk in safe or panic room. They have a "fiber-optic communication" link next to them, so maybe a refrigerated server room?

P1000602.jpg

P1000610.jpg

Looks like someone has been crashing here. Just after I found this I heard what sounded like distant foot steps and talking. I thought that its was a patrol doing a room to room search and saying "clear" every few seconds. Don't know what it was but it gave me a good buzz.

P1000611.jpg

P1000619.jpg

The horror!

P1000620.jpg

Don't think it will work.

P1000642.jpg

P1000646.jpg

Filling room

P1000657.jpg

Basement level. It was pitch black and I didn't have a torch :banghead (I'm still learning) Wonder what is down there?

All in all not a bad way to pop my cherry. Cheers for viewing. :thumb