real time web analytics
Information - - Portsdown Naval Fuel Depot SEALED - March 2019 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Portsdown Naval Fuel Depot SEALED - March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
Hello people, I've come with some bad news.

Last night I heard on another urbex site that the only accessible entrance (The northern portal) had been resealed. So I went out just tonight to look at the site and confirm if what I'd heard was true.
This is the sight I was greeted with:

Portsmouth RNFB Closed Mar 19..JPG

The door has been concreted over with this massive reinforced block, the area behind the block has also been filled with loose concrete, although I don't think any portion of the actual tunnel has been backfilled. The southern compounds have also had work done on them, overgrowth has been cleared, fence repairs made and also new bollards put in at the south west compound.
All the other compounds are still sealed shut with welded Steel.

It's a sad day I suppose, but as I've said before. Nothing stays closed forever. I better put my report together on this place soon.

- Rainey

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I had a little chuckle when I saw the pic, I thought it was just a wooden board over it! But then I read the info.

I bet it’s open again soon!

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
I’ve been told that they go there every 3 years to check the structural integrity of it. So I wouldn’t be too put off lol

Sleepy_Meerkat

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was up there walking the dog in the week and there were some workers about. Seems they have blocked the entrances off properly because in some places the air isn't safe to breath anymore and there had been too many people going in without any type of safety equipment.

Benyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Let’s be honest, it’s fucking minging down in that pump room anyway

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
I was up there walking the dog in the week and there were some workers about. Seems they have blocked the entrances off properly because in some places the air isn't safe to breath anymore and there had been too many people going in without any type of safety equipment.

*Gulp*

Who has read this thread (Total: 232) View details