real time web analytics
Information - - Portsmouth Naval Fuel Bunkers - Nov 2017 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Portsmouth Naval Fuel Bunkers - Nov 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
It's a sad day for me and my friends, I made the trip to Portsmouth Fuel Bunkers and got left in the dust.

The front entrance of the West bunker (the bigger one) has been blocked for years, but now the central and northern entrances have been blocked. The East bunker (the smaller one) has also been closed off too.

It appears new Steel beams and sheets have been welded on to ALL previously usable entrances, with a concrete block at the bottom providing extra support. This is probably the toughest blockades we have ever seen on these entrances.

This has only happened in the recent months, since all of these entrances were open when I visited in June this year.

DSC_0189[1].JPG

The entrance to the main stairwell leading down into the West bunker. This is the fresh new sheet since the old door has been ripped off and lies inside the compound where this entrance is.

DSC_0191[1].JPG

The East bunker entrance as of present. The door used to be able to open.

FOR CLARIFICATION, THE NORTHERNMOST ENTRANCE IS ALSO WELDED SHUT IN A SIMILAR STYLE, HOWEVER THE PHOTO FILE HAS BEEN LOST.

That's pretty much it... Now to play the waiting game.

MagixFingerz92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sad times indeed. It has only been sealed recently (Weeks if that) hopefully entry is available soon. Great place to explore but very mucky indeed.

Rainey

28DL Full Member
I know. It's been a favorite of mine for months. I'm trying to find some old pictures I have of the East bunker that I never reported on, I doubt this place will be open for years unless someone really wants to get prosecuted for going equipped.

Ddayexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi im new here.
Me and a friend was going to visit this place sunday until i read this. Did anyone manage to find a non blocked entrance ?

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Used to be able to get in via the Emergency exit. Looked sealed but wasn't, they'd attached the inside door catch to a piece of wire. People then got lazy and used the tin opener approach. Not shocked at all its been sealed. Been this way since around last October I think.

MagixFingerz92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Still sealed. Checked earlier this week! Since October/November when they sealed it up a gooden nothing has changed. There are signs of attempted entry by looks of things.

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Checked it out a few weeks ago as was passing by and had a spare half hour after work. Still sealed but someones had a half assed attempt on one of the portals. Not even dented it

Rainey

28DL Full Member
@Kidney Which portal? I noticed some areas that looked as if someone had gone at them with a hacksaw. There's also graffiti pointing out which areas to cut to open the doors, if they weren't already obvious.