Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - possible fuel store near penistone | Leads, Rumours and News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - possible fuel store near penistone

Fudge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The train access sounds interesting if someone could shed any more light on that. Other than that I don't think I'll bother, it's a fair way from me for what seems to be a few tanks :)

lee0612

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The train access sounds interesting if someone could shed any more light on that. Other than that I don't think I'll bother, it's a fair way from me for what seems to be a few tanks :)
look on google maps to the back of the site and there is an old dissused railway which looks quite remote.

Fudge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh right, the cycle path.. Yeah I doubt I'll bother with the trip :)

lee0612

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I am thinking of including this in one glorious weekend of exploration including 2 sites at doncaster and 2 in barnsley!!

Fudge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Go for it, if this turns out to be worth a look I'll follow in your footsteps..

jj north

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
theres a ww2 usaf camp rite next to scout dyke reservoir about 2 mile from penistone . worth a look if your in that area , an a starfish q site engine house not far from there .

Jason Preston

28DL Member
28DL Member
Used to be some great stuff in Penistone - there was an old air-raid shelter at Springvale (next to Penney's garage) that I used to play in when I was a kid. Must have been demolished/filled in in the late 80s. I also walked through the Woodhead tunnel in about '88 from Dunford Bridge, that was some cool/spooky shit. Is that still accessible?

poseiden

No Cunts Bothered
28DL Full Member
I did the woodhead tunnel back in the eighties as well mate, ever since have become transfixed with it! Unfortunately the tunnel is now closed as the National Grid has placed the new power lines through it, stopping all access with a great big 400,000 volts, the bastards! However it will be interesting to see what happens with the old tunnels as they have now become redundant as the power lines have now been moved. The shaft up on the moors, the one out of sight is amazing if you can get on top of it and look down, it has some great depth to it.