Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Possible leed Longton Stoke on Trent | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Possible leed Longton Stoke on Trent

Chloelou12

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have had a walk past these three old workers cottages in Longton,Stoke On Trent.
They look very secure from the front (possible bricking to the windows) and I couldn't see any easy access to the rear. However they look very interesting and would love to have a look and see if there were any access points at all.

According to a little research, they were used as 3 single units for pottery workers and house an old bottle kiln in the rear court yard.
The cottages are listed buildings and were used a number of years ago in a TV adaption, of a period drama.
I will have another look around when I have a little more time and more prepared for the occasion. I personally found them very intriguing, on a tiny cobbled street, It was like stepping in to a different era.

Attachments

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
What you have photographed is all there is to see, these are basically just frontages - the actual buildings have been altered completely and are now an industrial premises.

Short Street is especially popular with the local ghost hunting YouTube explorers.

Longton is crammed full of much more worthwhile things to spend your time looking at.

Chloelou12

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah right okay, thanks for your reply.
I am new to the hobby/page and haven't gained accessed many places (4 or 5). I have just been having a look round at things relitavley local to me and getting an idea of what's about. I have a couple of leads but haven't done too much other than find potential locations with the current restrictions.
I will leave this one and carry on the search.