real time web analytics
Report - - Potato Wharf, Castlefield - December 2012 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Potato Wharf, Castlefield - December 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

5erenaur

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with a non forum member.

An unintentional break from exploring caused by life getting in the way means that this is my first report for far too long. Admittedly it’s not a great one but I had fun so I thought I’d share. I’m in my final year at university now and don’t know whether I’ll stay in Manchester when I finish so hopefully I can get myself up onto some more roofs soon.

A collection of contemporary one and two-bedroom apartments set in Manchester’s hottest waterside location in its coolest quarter.
Everything the modern city dweller could ask for with its edgy, urban vibe

Two large apartment blocks were planned by Crosby Homes on Potato Wharf in Castlefield. One block is now complete and occupied by residents whilst the other is still a concrete skeleton. As with a lot of new developments work was stopped when the recession hit and has yet to be re-started. There isn’t much more information available so forgive me for the lack of reading material!

At only 8 stories high it offers modest views over Manchester and Salford.

IMG_9235.jpg

The A57 heading towards Salford and the M602.

IMG_9239.jpg

MediaCityUK in the distance, I spend a fair bit of time there as it’s where my university campus is.

IMG_9245-1.jpg

It was at one time wrapped in a photo realistic cover to hide the lack of work going on at the site but they have long gone now and it is left as it is looking a bit sorry for itself.

Hopefully I can squeeze some more explores and reports in before I finish university, the guy I climbed this building with is keen to start exploring so we’re going to try some of the easier sites around Manchester in the coming weeks which will give me good opportunity to find me feet again.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details