Web
Analytics
Report - - PoW Camp, Essex | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - PoW Camp, Essex

Rob73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place has been covered before, but being fairly local, it's been on my list before.

Hastily built in 1941 to house Italian, Austrian and German soldiers who were captured in battle across Europe and Africa.

So refreshing to see hardly any vandalism / graffiti.

i loved this place. You could almost feel the atmosphere from the days gone by there.

rsz_23h7a0577-edit.jpg

rsz_3h7a0559.jpg

rsz_3h7a0507.jpg

rsz_3h7a0567.jpg

rsz_3h7a0570.jpg

rsz_3h7a0535.jpg

rsz_3h7a0649-edit.jpg

rsz_13h7a0622.jpg

rsz_3h7a0502.jpg

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
I like your pictures and the black and white works for this.

You do need to amend your title to include the proper location for this (it isn't in Essex) and the month of your visit. If you are ever unsure then take a look at the FAQ section which is really helpful. Keep going pal, be good to see what else you've got for us.

Rob73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like your pictures and the black and white works for this.

You do need to amend your title to include the proper location for this (it isn't in Essex) and the month of your visit. If you are ever unsure then take a look at the FAQ section which is really helpful. Keep going pal, be good to see what else you've got for us.
Trust me, this is VERY MUCH in Essex.
The site is so intact, has historical value, and is free of vandalism that I don't think it's right to disclose the exact location

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
Some decent photos there showing the damage since last year.

is free of vandalism that I don't think it's right to disclose the exact location
Hardly free of vandalism mate and also the reports linked below give it's full name and 4 give it's location. You've even read some of them. It's hardly a secret.

Last edited:

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Trust me, this is VERY MUCH in Essex.
The site is so intact, has historical value, and is free of vandalism that I don't think it's right to disclose the exact location
Apologies, I thought Hertfordshire for some reason.

My geographical mistake notwithstanding, the forum rules state that you have to give the correct name and date in your report title. Your report on St Crispins follows the rules and so should this. Also, the place is hugely well known and is pretty trashed so a bit late to protect it sadly.