real time web analytics
Report - - PoW Camp, Essex | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - PoW Camp, Essex

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

angrysepticstumpcock

Muppet extraordinaire
Tonight I have discovered a 400 year old statue in the woods rotting away under corrugated tin.... Yes I have only been a member here for a month or so...this does not mean a thing but i have not been on HERE for long. it does not mean I do not know how these sites work or that I am a member of other urban exploring sites though or say a thing about my experience with exploring or with websites in general and how they operate.. I have many explorations under my belt and am currently trying to gain access to a Pugin built chapel within the grounds of a catholic convent but it is busy as can be as it is student season and the convent is now a language school.. I apologise if my ranting has been too much for people on here but I go exploring for enjoyment and to relax, so to post on here and be constantly "brought to book" over issues that are at the end of the day ridiculous, just makes my shit itch. One issue I take a real issue with is the giving out of locations....especially if these are places "untainted" by anything but nature, as the arseholes will get the pins for them and then they are ruined forever....if a place is well trampled then i get it..not a problem...but "virgin" places I do not think pins should be given publicly at all?
I hope we can all open a new page and start afresh ....and i shall try to be courteous and obey the rules...or have a rational discussion about it :]

IN THE SHED SHE IS.jpg

SHE STILL HAS COLOUR.jpg

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Interesting find.

I wonder about the symbolism of a female standing upon a mans severed head

St Mary Magdalen is often depicted with a head or skull, sometimes standing on it or holding it contemplatively (anyone holding a skull in art is contemplating the mystery of life and God afaik). She's also often depicted semi or totally naked or as a prostitute. There's also a painting of Jesus on the cross with her weeping at his feet and a skull and some bones at the base of the cross. She was the first to see Christ after the resurrection. I believe it's symbolic of him dying and rising again. Given the location of this, it seems likely it's her ;)

(btw the buildings and grounds were designed in 1834 and completed in 1848)

(Also, I'm an atheist)

angrysepticstumpcock

Muppet extraordinaire
Interesting find.

St Mary Magdalen is often depicted with a head or skull, sometimes standing on it or holding it contemplatively (anyone holding a skull in art is contemplating the mystery of life and God afaik). She's also often depicted semi or totally naked or as a prostitute. There's also a painting of Jesus on the cross with her weeping at his feet and a skull and some bones at the base of the cross. She was the first to see Christ after the resurrection. I believe it's symbolic of him dying and rising again. Given the location of this, it seems likely it's her ;)

(btw the buildings and grounds were designed in 1834 and completed in 1848)

(Also, I'm an atheist)
Thank you very much for the information...not being of the catholic persuasion I had no idea about this..I am also a non follower of these wacky cults but there seems to be much of this type of thing around my area..monasteries convents etc and the faith based educational system.

Who has read this thread (Total: 410) View details