real time web analytics
Report - - 'Powerplant Cyklonkessel' - Germany - March 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 'Powerplant Cyklonkessel' - Germany - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

extreme_ironing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This powerstation sits in a small industrial park of sorts in a picturesque German valley, there's an abandoned paper mill next door and a small, active, hydroelectric facility alongside some other active and otherwise buildings. I'd seen it online awhile ago and figured out the location shortly after, eventually visited as part of a weekender in Germany with The_Raw and Monkey.

There are two separate turbine halls along with their boiler houses and associated workshops and facilities, I didn't capture half of what's there really as spent a fair amount of time mucking about trying to get into some of the live parts towards the end of the day.

There are pieces dating back to the 30's through to the 60's in there, I'm not sure of the actual date of construction though. Considering their age, it's in mostly good condition, very much worth seeing if you're a fan of industrial sites. I loved it!

Valvez.

The older of the two turbine rooms.

A small laboratory several stories higher.

The other, slightly newer set of turbines.

Part of the boilerhouse for the newer of the two facilities.

Control panel for the furnace from which most people have adopted the name for the location as a whole.

"Dear Visitor

Here you can see the result- an inept , lazy and corrupt factory line .

In the meantime souvenirs to all deceased colleagues of BWS ."

A gauge in the older boiler house.

The top of the chimney had been sheared off, so this was as high as you could get.

Cheers for looking. Mucho thanks to Andy and Dennis our German hosts. :)

The_Raw

Staff member
Nice one mate, some great photos there, 4th from last is brilliant. Glad to have made it to this spot and the schnitzel afterwards wasn't half bad neither ;)

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
Some absolute stunning photography there buddy! I love every one of them :)

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome report, couldn't have done it better. Brilliant photos and site. Cheers for that. :)

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Tob stuff, good to see more people making an effort for this.

I'm not sure of the actual date of construction though

If I remember correctly, the makers plates on the newer Siemens gear said 1956 and there was a 1922 datestone on the older boiler house.