real time web analytics
Report - - Powerplant "Octoformat" - Belgium, September 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Powerplant "Octoformat" - Belgium, September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

J4M35_UK

MEDOTDOOTC
28DL Full Member
So here we are again, with winter coming it's nearing the end of derp season. All the chateaus have been splored, all the photos have been taken and the footprints have been left. I figured I hadn't been over to Europe for the best part of a month so decided on an impulsive visit to some friends in the Ruhr.

Now normally as you drive around a post-industrial area (Sheffield, Stoke, Liege etc) you find yourself looking at most buildings with a curious eye, most of them look derelict. This was one of those, found purely by chance and with no LOCATIONS, ACCESS DETAILZ or SPLORES PL0X. That's what exploration is right?

By the time I took these photos a few factors were against me, it was getting dark outside, I only had 100ISO film in the camera and I was sharing a tripod with the girlfriend, but I hope they suffice to show you how cool this place was. I counted eight turbines in my giddy industrial state, hence the name. In the control room dials were glowing and buttons were lit up red and flashing away. This place still has some life left in her...

So we will start with the boiler house, which judging by the multiple noisy pumps wasn't quite abandoned, as such.

15213450221_8d5c5a5ec6_z.jpg

15216531165_8213db28c5_z.jpg

15216125332_6bba879b55_z.jpg

After we had made our way through here it was time to find the turbine hall, which was harder than it should have been. But eventually we were in there and by god was it nice...

15029936627_43cd9fe9f9_z.jpg

15216141002_d8674c072f_z.jpg

15029934358_af1aea9468_z.jpg

15029936118_bd39f9e476_z.jpg

15029941848_235d46b1b6_z.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them...​

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nice :thumb

Unfortunately sites like this are something we missed on a recent Belgium trip :(

As for Code Names ?? ;)

J4M35_UK

MEDOTDOOTC
28DL Full Member
As for Code Names ?? ;)

I know what you're saying mate but unfortunately if I gave out it's real name every man and his dog would be there and it would get ruined. At least this way people have to do some research to find it so it should be doable for longer.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I know what you're saying mate but unfortunately if I gave out it's real name every man and his dog would be there and it would get ruined. At least this way people have to do some research to find it so it should be doable for longer.

its euro derp..codenames are the norm..crack on!

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Excellent James. It pays to look twice.

Good Mooch / Nice splore m8 / gud pics.

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
Cool pics, any chance of fixing the first dead one?