real time web analytics
(Preston) Fire at two good urbex locations | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

(Preston) Fire at two good urbex locations

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lopata

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just had word of fires at the old Orphanage on Mount Street, and a similar one at the old Odeon cinema off of Main Spirit Weind. Both are popular urbex locations.

There is some speculation that they may be deliberate - they are owned by companies that wish to develop the land but are unable to progress much as both are listed buildings, and this is the second fire this year at the orphanage. I advise anyone that wants to take a look at these beautiful examples of their kind do so in the near future. If I find an entry point I will try to let anyone trustworthy and interested know - it is a shame that such wonderful locations may be soon lost to us.
Remember, exercise caution. These have been ravaged by fire and sections will be unsafe.

Snowhead

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Depending on what part is listed, presumably the facade, if damaged the owners would have to rebuild it as close as possible to before fire, there's not a lot to be gained by torching it.

Jenal Urban Exploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can't believe these imbeciles have the gall to do such reckless things and set historic buildings on fire! I went into the Odeon just after the fire had calmed down a bit and the fire crew had left. The smell of burning was still quite prevelent but most of the smoke had gone. I only managed to get one good photo whilst I was in there because it was a bit dusty in there and I didn't want to be in there for long with that pungent smell. The photo I got is of the projector room. Whoever set the two buildings alight aught to be locked up and the key should be melted on a furnace!
DSC_0317.png

Last edited:

Lopata

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can't believe these imbeciles have the gall to do such reckless things and set historic buildings on fire! I went into the Odeon just after the fire had calmed down a bit and the fire crew had left. The smell of burning was still quite prevelent but most of the smoke had gone. I only managed to get one good photo whilst I was in there because it was a bit dusty in there and I didn't want to be in there for long with that pungent smell. The photo I got is of the projector room. Whoever set the two buildings alight aught to be locked up and the key should be melted on a furnace!
DSC_0317.png
I hate to push the rules here, but whats your entry point? Ive been wanting to get in for years but it always looks sealed up

Jenal Urban Exploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hate to push the rules here, but whats your entry point? Ive been wanting to get in for years but it always looks sealed up
I may as well share it with you since I doubt it is going to last long if it hasn't been sealed up already, it was in the newspaper from the fire incident so it's not really a secret anymore. There's a firedoor that is or was open that I went into.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
DSC_0317.png

And now you've successfully left evidence of your presence inside a building that's had a very very recent fire, won't look too good if they decide to conduct an investigation and find your prints or other stuff left around the place ;)

Jenal Urban Exploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
And now you've successfully left evidence of your presence inside a building that's had a very very recent fire, won't look too good if they decide to conduct an investigation and find your prints or other stuff left around the place ;)
I completely understand you. The fire service will be well aware of when the fire took place. I've got time stamps on many of my photos so I would be able to prove that I was there after the fire was put out. It was quite a while after. I completely understand what you mean though.

Last edited:

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The neighbouring former Lava/Evoque/Tokyo Jo’s nightclub depending on your age (for those that don’t know, it’s a very large club that closed about 2-3 years ago) had a very large fire ripping through it last night. It would appear there’s a serial arsonist on the loose in Preston with 3 fire’s in a week!

Who has read this thread (Total: 145) View details