real time web analytics
Report - - Priddy's Hard (June 2015) | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Priddy's Hard (June 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

gregorious77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So a little history first I guess.
Priddy's Hard is an area of Gosport, in Hampshire, England most has been developed for housing with part of the site retained as a museum. However, for some two hundred years it was a restricted-access site; first becoming a fort and then an armaments depot for Royal Navy and British Army weapons, explosives and other stores.

I used to mess about in here when I was younger around 15 years ago and when I was a lad we would look through the fence (on our way out to rat island) and imagine getting in but we were worried about security as it was still MOD then. Since then kids got in during the development works and set fire to a load of buildings and scrub which lead to the demolition of much of the site.
There are still a few buildings remaining but not a lot left really.

Entry was made after a full walk of the entire fence line and once in we went just followed the roads and steps trying to keep away from the edges where you can be clearly seen by dog walkers and houses/flats that look over the site.
Near to the end a dog walker spotted us as we wanted to go over the bridge but he was not fussed and carried on his way.

Pics:
This piece of road is outside of the main fence
DSC07604.jpg

So are these blast walls. They used to have buildings between them last time I came 15 years ago :(
DSC07606.jpg

DSC07607.jpg

DSC07608.jpg

Now we are inside the fence
DSC07611.jpg

DSC07612.jpg

DSC07613.jpg

DSC07615.jpg

The raised roads
DSC07617.jpg

DSC07618.jpg

Pads where buildings once stood
DSC07619.jpg

DSC07621.jpg

DSC07622.jpg

DSC07625.jpg

Raised path
DSC07628.jpg

DSC07629.jpg

DSC07631.jpg

DSC07632.jpg

DSC07638.jpg

DSC07639.jpg

DSC07640.jpg

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Sorry but this is a lot of photos of not very much. Your history is a little vague, I know you've added links, but personally I don't like following links.
Well done for getting out there, you'll get the hang of posting reports. Look around the forum to see what's out there and use the search box to find places in your area :thumb

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited that site (many moons ago) just before the Navy quitted the site. The wooden buildings you mentioned were all still there then, but had a weird appearance, since the outer cladding had been stripped to indicate that the buildings had been cleared of explosive. I don't remember all those trees - a veritable forest now!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ditto what KM-Punk says.
Seems an interesting location, but unfortunately it"s way way way way too pic heavy :eek: @48 (overly large on some ?) & especially considering the subject matter concerned. People have posted a full Chernobyl report with fewer pics in it covering multiple locations.

You"ll find people get bored easily with shots of the same part of a location, especially when it looks like they"re the same or similar shot just zoomed out or in,or slight position change along with shots mainly consisting of sky ( it"s not hard to bend down to alter your position or even crop the shot in post) & especially the high amount of selfies (i think i could recognise your arse now ;) stick these in people shots if you must. Also you have a few that are blurred/OOF ? that want deleting .

As mentioned the Wiki links can quickly ruin a report before it"s even started IMO and there"s no excuse for not re-writing some limited History out. It makes the report a lot better, and gets the viewer interested......or not as above.

I"d suggest you edit the History and heavily prune the pics to make it interesting as there are some interesting pics in there, but they quickly get overshadowed by the "Chaff" which is dominating it at present :( and the viewer loses interest.

You"ll then get some positive feedback rather than people not even bothering to comment after viewing as it"s been so far.

Look forward to viewing an edited version....sometime less is more :thumb

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah ditto.

Seriously though, thanks for taking the time, it's not being dismissed, but just needs tweaking. I reckon you could cover that site in 12 pictures.

Also, you might not be aware what happens when you copy wikipedia pages...

Priddy's Hard is an area of Gosport, in Hampshire, England most has been developed for housing with part of the site retained as a museum. However, for some two hundred years it was a restricted-access site; first becoming a fort and then an armaments depot for Royal Navy and British Army weapons, explosives and other stores.

...you get some horrible spam backlinks (because nobody ever heard of Wikipedia?). Can you edit them out please.

gregorious77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
cant find edit button for some reason?
Fair play I was very lazy on this one. didn't edit a single photo they are the jpegs the camera made not me. obviously this came across.
I will edit when I can find the button! I started out with good intentions looking for old photos from the air but couldn't find anything.

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
cant find edit button for some reason?
Fair play I was very lazy on this one. didn't edit a single photo they are the jpegs the camera made not me. obviously this came across.
I will edit when I can find the button! I started out with good intentions looking for old photos from the air but couldn't find anything.

It's a good effort and you know for next time ,
Please don't let this put you off, looking forward to
More reports :thumb

Woodpecker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is quality mate, might have to pop down tomorrow and have a deeper look (last time I only visited the entrance by the first bridge). Great stuff