real time web analytics
Report - - Processor, Manchester - June 2016 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Processor, Manchester - June 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Processor is one of the culverts of the Moston Brook and connecting CSOs. I made a visit last year but only made it as far as the first processing room, so returned with a view to explore the whole culvert. The brick outfall tunnel is around 10' in diameter.

181033.jpg

477e9a.jpg

71eacc.jpg

The brick tunnel continues on for some distance before turning into RCP. After a while we arrive at a connecting tunnel on the left-hand side which takes us to the first processing room.

10bf1fc.jpg

136d8d2.jpg

168e90e.jpg

191e4de.jpg

The 'J' Interceptor.

22964bc.jpg

RCP leading from the processing room to the brook.

2511884.jpg

283da6b.jpg

Continuing upstream the culvert becomes brick again. After a while we come to a storm dropshaft & chamber on the right.

31be2f1.jpg

34093df.jpg

Further upstream the tunnel becomes rectangular concrete. In this section there is another connecting tunnel on the left.

3727bbd.jpg

4079e3e.jpg

The tunnel on the right appears to be a small brook culvert or storm drain, the left-hand tunnel takes us to the second processing room.

436e47e.jpg

463b63f.jpg

From here I continued upstream, the culvert becoming brick again before the infall.

49040a6.jpg

Luckily I was able to get out through a small gap in the bottom right-hand corner of the grille, saving me the long trek back to the outfall. Here I met & had a nice chat with a lady from the Environment Agency who thought I was from UU :D.

5296e8f.jpg

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
On my visit you couldn't see through the grill for debris,
so it was a long return walk.

nice stuff :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good effort this, it's up there with some of the best in Manc this one

2013 was year of the Manc drain Pikey, they rinsed everything, yet they match their match with the screening machine here, to this day I ponder how they were planning on shifting it up and out of a 600mm manhole or carting it a fair few metres downstream and out of a 10ft pipe and up the embankment :D

10.jpg