real time web analytics
Report - - Prudential Assurance Building, Oldham - Nov 17 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Prudential Assurance Building, Oldham - Nov 17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User
The building has been listed since 2014 and is going for £420,000.

History
Lots of explorers seem to have found separate history on this location from an array of timelines so I'm gonna try and string it all together.

Prudential Assurance are a multinational life insurance and financial services company, founded in 1848. They are currently based in London.

The building was designed by Albert Waterhouse and then built in 1889. Prudential Assurance wanted a similar style to all their buildings so Waterhouse created a 'homely' styled structure that would feel welcoming to the public that would use their services.

Now from there, the building has hosted a variety of things. Obviosuly, it has been used by Prudential Assurance for the majority of it's period, but also for a period of time the basement nightclub Holy City Zoo and a child care service run by the council, Oldham Play Care Association.

I can't find exactly when the building became abandoned, but it has been listed since 2014 and is going for almost half a million.

Our visit

After seeing some of the pictures of this place, and being tipped off that it's practically a walk in explore, we decided to make the trip before it got locked up. Therefore after getting dropped off nearby, we headed to the impressive looking building that towers over the Oldham central tram station.

Entering the building was no difficulty at all and soon we found ourselves following the corridors around the center courtyard which is like a jungle and moving downstairs until we entered the amazing tiled rooms.

Sadly, we couldn't find the nightclub and after looking for a while, we headed out.

Pictures
I've seen a lot of reports on this place, so I'm only showing my favourite pictures for now. Also I couldn't get a picture from the front because my lens isn't wide enough, I'll probably get one for Christmas, apologies. Please leave some feedback :)

Literally a jungle.

37842617555_52329af6e6_b.jpg

Got to be one of my favourite corridors.

23865242607_a869ec51cf_b.jpg

23865235877_81ec54723c_b.jpg

Looks like some tomfoolery has been occuring...

24857304918_b81bbd62cd_b.jpg

English mustard and some Daddies sauce in the background, haven't seen that for ages.

[
38730240391_0d9d754d91_b.jpg

38730237611_76a8535f55_b.jpg

Awesome. (my light dying isn't very awesome though)

26954353859_b4235333c5_b.jpg

23865229277_2c1bd88487_b.jpg

Video
Take a look you hardcore report only crashmats, you might enjoy it if you give it a chance. I don't film or edit mine like *INSANE* Abandoned SHOPPING TROLLEY (GONE WRONG). This is a mini documentary featuring the history and full explore of the building. Sit back and relax and take a 10 minute break from the pics. (plz don't hate on me)

Thanks for reading :)

Rose34

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I pass this place pretty frequently on the metro and always admire the beautiful architecture this building has,a very interesting report and great mini documentary.