Web
Analytics
Report - - Punch Lodge; Surrey. Sept 2017 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Punch Lodge; Surrey. Sept 2017

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User

Punch Lodge
Punch Lodge was a management training facility, with over night accommodation. It was used from 1980 to 2009 according to history. It has around 20 bedrooms with sinks, and some en suites. There is a large attic split in two,with roof access. From paperwork around it appeared several businesses had used the building up to 2009.

The design is very ornate in parts and newer in other parts. There were several office like bits of equipment left behind. Also a lot of childrens` toys, which I found a little odd. The once used dinning room and sitting room were grand rooms once. The lighting and fireplaces, shelving and old gramophone housing were still in place, though terribly vandalised now.

The Explore
The explore was easy, though it was raining, so I didn't video as the noise of rain was quite loud. I explored for around 2 hours. All round the building and out buildings. Lovely old steps and once ornate flower beds still housed decorative beading on the ground, in all of the surrounding overgrown land areas. I didn't bother going near the once used outdoor swimming pool, or the tennis courts. The grounds were big enough to explore without doing that part.

And my personal favorite bit, weird one I know, but these chimneys were just beautiful to me

Thanks for reading and viewing. So many unique and great features, not enough space for them all. Everything from the ornate fireplaces, alabaster mirror surround, old sewing machine, original locks, latches, to newer kids toys and office supplies. A gem in great surroundings.

Attachments

Calamity Jane

Regular User

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Cant believe you went without me! :slap
Good report though
Im coming back for you, dont you worry. I will pm you and arrange to pick you up :D . I was offered a lift from a very nice man who hates dirt, my hubby to have a look. Soon got him inside though lol. But me, you and my mate will go next week pm when your free

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Nice report! Shame how downhill its gone over the last few months :(
It really has gone down hill :( , well worth the trip though. Could of stayed on the roof all day if it wasn't raining on and off. Thanks again Gromr123 for heads on this one.

pepperplant

Luigi
28DL Full Member
Good luck, every single window and door even the extract vents are borded up, all the furniture is outside and most of it has been set on fire

Grom

Recovering Fisheye-aholic
Regular User
Oh...I remember a month or so ago it was sealed up good and proper, but there wasn't all the furniture outside.