real time web analytics
Report - - Pyestock - Farnborough, Hampshire - June 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pyestock - Farnborough, Hampshire - June 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DeathSpell

28DL Member
28DL Member
Ahh, the glorious satisfaction of a completed adventure, especially when it is your first proper taste of the sweet world of urban exploration!

Forum member supertramp and myself visited Pyestock recently and I took a selection of photographs that I would like to share. I would love to get some feedback on these if anyone has any comments.

-- Pyestock - Farnborough, Hampshire --

For those that don't know, Pyestock is a large industrial site where turbines and jet engines were designed, developed and tested. It became the UK's main site for such activity since construction started in 1949. Unfortunately, the site closed down in 2000 and there are currently plans to turn the place into a business park. Fortunately for us though, it is a great place to explore, especially for someone like me who is just getting into urban exploration.

The day started at Waterloo station in the morning where I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of a stranger I had met online and spoken to through email only a few times. He was a 28 Days Later member though so hopes were high! The initial introduction went well and soon we were off on our journey while discussing our shared interest.

After getting into the site safely, we were full of confidence until spotting a Range Rover patrolling the area near us. We dived for cover, adrenaline rushing before sobering up enough to stay undetected enough for the remainder of our visit. Pyestock is a gold mine of huge piping, insanely complex-looking machinery and some fine British engineering.

I managed to get a great selection of photographs, a perfect introduction to urban exploration and a rather large rip in my trousers as a souvenir! Felt a bit chilly on the way home... and not necessarily in the place you want to get too cold either! :thumb

Many thanks to supertramp for the awesome day and looking forward to getting some more notches on my urbex bed soon!

Hope you enjoy the photos. Taken with a Sony NEX-5N camera and the 18-55mm kit lens. Images straight from the camera with no post-processing.

pyestock_01.jpg

pyestock_02.jpg

pyestock_03.jpg

pyestock_04.jpg

pyestock_05.jpg

pyestock_06.jpg

pyestock_07.jpg

pyestock_08.jpg

pyestock_09.jpg

pyestock_10.jpg