real time web analytics
Report - - Pyestock, NGTE. April 2011. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pyestock, NGTE. April 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HeXt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited here with RustProofHawk.

History: National Gas Turbine Establishment - Wikipedia

Access was obtained and we headed for the first building. Not much to note inside, but there was a large refrigeration compartment.

First building, lots of cables had been stripped from here:
IMG_0616.jpg

Thankfully not live!:
IMG_0615.jpg

Various control buttons, hum!:
IMG_0606.jpg

Inside the big fridge:
IMG_0610.jpg

Outside now, looking hastily for any sign of security. We moved towards the Air House:
IMG_0603.jpg

Tanks:
IMG_0602.jpg

Before we went in, we decided to do a small bit of climbing and the view from the crane cab was pretty cool:
IMG_0617.jpg

Looking at RustProofHawk:
IMG_0624.jpg

This is the small railway that runs along the side of the Air House:
IMG_0626.jpg

And then we were in. Looking up from the bottom part of the Air House:
IMG_0627.jpg

Old paperwork scattered on the floor:
IMG_0629.jpg

Plenty of others been here before, methinks:
IMG_0632.jpg

Le control r00m:
IMG_0639.jpg

This old office style chair made me laugh, suspended from the crane gantry using cable:
IMG_0640.jpg

The crane inside the Air House. It's quite impressive in that it used to be able to move all the way across the building, presumably to place and remove the turbines and associated equipment:
IMG_0641.jpg

D|4|_:
IMG_0637.jpg

The Air House:
IMG_0642.jpg

Looking down on the Air house, from the crane gantry. Quite scary as it's a big drop down and the wood underfoot moves around a lot!:
IMG_0646.jpg

After looking round the small office rooms and the impressive battery room in the building, we decided to venture onto the roof. Careful steps were taken incase the roof wasn't strong, but everything seemed fine:
IMG_0647.jpg

I found it quite scary knowing the drop below you, if something did go wrong. Looking towards RustProofHawk, facing East:
IMG_0650.jpg

The gangway onto the top of one of the bit exhaust pipes from the Air House. It was really windy up here and we had to be careful not to be spotted by security as we could see them parked up:
IMG_0651.jpg

Looking slightly further forward, as I didn't want to get seen by the site patrol:
IMG_0653.jpg

Pipes everywhere, and looking towards what I think is the anechoic chamber:
IMG_0652.jpg

Lastly, a view across the south west part of where we had been, the scale of the Air House roof is quite impressive:
IMG_0654.jpg

We had to leave it there unfortunately but we will be back to try and see everything else. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

HeXt.