real time web analytics
Report - - Pyestock Revisited - December 11 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pyestock Revisited - December 11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Chaos

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok, so I loved it so much the first time, I just had to go back for more. I had unfinished business with her. I couldn't find my way into a couple of places to get the pictures I wanted on the first attempt and the place is so huge it'll take many more visits to visit all her buildings and understand her workings more.

This was a solo visit, at least it started that way, I ended up bumping into 3 different groups of explorers so hi to those guys I met. I had a plan this time, I roughly knew the layout, I'd done more research to see which buildings were of most interest to me next and I wanted to get up higher. I also knew the movements of security (or so I thought).

I got there early this time, I wanted maximum time to look around, it was a freezing cold morning and the sun was rising as I made my entrance.

The perimeter fencing is littered with signage attempting to deter any curious opportunists.

ngte-1.jpg

ngte-2.jpg

As soon as I got in, I wanted to get up high, to relax for a minute, take in the sights and get a better view of the whole site. I climbed the outer staircase of the Bramshot Cooling Towers. This building was used for cooling the exhaust gases of test cells 3 and 4. It comprises of 30 huge fans on the roof and a myriad of pipes and tubes inside.

External view of Bramshot Cooling Towers
ngte-9.jpg

ngte-8.jpg

A closeup of one of the 30 fans
ngte-5.jpg

Me enjoying the morning view
ngte-6.jpg

A view of the Air House from the Cooling Towers roof
ngte-3.jpg

And a view across towards cells 3 and 4 and cell 3 west in the distance
ngte-4.jpg

While we're on the subject of cell 3 west, here's a couple of pictures of the inside and external shot
ngte-18.jpg

ngte-19.jpg

I then made my way over to the Number 10 Exhauster building. I wanted to see the huge Parsons turbine in here and also the control room
ngte-16.jpg

ngte-17.jpg

I then headed across to the Plant House, there was another control room I wanted to see in here. There were a lot of drawings that had been taken out of the filing cabinets and left scattered across the floor, I also found a fantastic hand drawn schematic of the whole site!!

A plant house turbine
ngte-20.jpg

A closeup of a generator where the pikeys have dismantled it to strip the copper from inside
ngte-21.jpg

One of the Plant Room turbine controls
ngte-22.jpg

The plant room control desk
ngte-24.jpg

The hand drawn schematic of the site
ngte-23.jpg

After about 3 very close escapes from security, I decided to get myself back inside so I went back to cells 3 and 4 to get some photo's that I missed the time before

Door into cell 4
ngte-12.jpg

An extractor in cell 4
ngte-13.jpg

A view of the cell 4 from the rear end
ngte-15.jpg

And finally in cell 3 where I couldn't get into before so thanks to Chris for the intel
ngte-25.jpg

ngte-26.jpg

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details