real time web analytics
Question - - Pyestock | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Pyestock

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ikkdjct

28DL Regular User
Regular User
How much of Pyestock is still standing. Is it still worth a visit or had it all been flattened?

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
All still there mate, it's just that everyone has completly forgotten about it for the past seven years. I'm suprised more people haven't been recently tbh. One of the all time greats which everyone seems to miss out these days, along with Cane Hill, ROF Bishopton and British Cellophane.

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
All still there mate, it's just that everyone has completly forgotten about it for the past seven years. I'm suprised more people haven't been recently tbh. One of the all time greats which everyone seems to miss out these days, along with Cane Hill, ROF Bishopton and British Cellophane.

To be fair there is actually still a sizeable chunk of Bishopton left standing although most of the good bits are gone!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Bishopton is nowhere near as good as it was back in the day, surprised any of it is left at all.

Old Git

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really? I thought Pye was flattened apart from the Sound building?

ikkdjct

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I think he was joking I really should have made myself clearer. What I really wanted to know was how much if the anechoic chamber is still standing?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I think he was joking I really should have made myself clearer. What I really wanted to know was how much if the anechoic chamber is still standing?

Only the pipework has been removed from the outside so far.

derelictth92

Has a weak spot for staircases
28DL Full Member
As mookster said only pipework removed, I'd advise wearing a decent mask the bird poo and asbestos? Dust is unreal

daymanaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As mookster said only pipework removed, I'd advise wearing a decent mask the bird poo and asbestos? Dust is unreal
would a decent mask cover the entire face, or simply be a respirator? new to this and currently stocking up on equipment so don't wanna leave eyes exposed if they're at risk, for example

Seffy

Staff member
Yep building is still there minus the external pipeage (and power is off) but go have a look, it’s weird experience being in this building!

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
would a decent mask cover the entire face, or simply be a respirator? new to this and currently stocking up on equipment so don't wanna leave eyes exposed if they're at risk, for example

dust masks stop dust nothing else........useless to asbestos
Correct mask will stop asbestos but then it will be on your clothes/hands/hair and unless you decontaminate properly the risk is still there.

just avoid asbestos

ikkdjct

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I you want to stop breathing in Asbestos you need at least a mask marked FFP3. But like pirate says you would still have it on your clothes.
FFP3 masks will keep most of the fine particle stuff out.

grantellissheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's a great place

Attachments

• IMG_20200128_022034.jpg
    IMG_20200128_022034.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 12

Who has read this thread (Total: 167) View details