real time web analytics
Report - - QE2, Welwyn Garden City - September 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - QE2, Welwyn Garden City - September 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History -
"The first full hospital to be built by the NHS, the QEII had some 100 beds. All inpatient and emergency services were transferred by October 2014 to the Lister Hospital (Stevenage), which has had £150 million invested in major new facilities.
Since October 2014, the QEII has continued to offer a range of general hospital services for people living and working in many parts of east and south Hertfordshire. These include GP services, outpatient clinics, diagnostic (radiology, pathology and endoscopy), a breast unit and antenatal and postnatal care, as well as a 24/7 urgent care centre for adults and children of all ages with minor injuries and illnesses. £30 million has been invested in new facilities.[1] The old hospital site is now closed and the land will be used for housing and a care home.

The hospital once held a well-attended summer fête in its grounds."

Explore -
Visited with RichPDG and a non-member last year. This place was top of the list judging by the amount of people we bumped into inside. It was a pretty decent place although did get a bit "samey" after awhile - as most modern hospitals tend to do.

_DSC1605_zpsrikqzrhk.jpg

_DSC1611_zpsnubtvguo.jpg

_DSC1619_zpselwobjcg.jpg

_DSC1629_zpskcxrc1uq.jpg

_DSC1636_zpshjkdn2pm.jpg

_DSC1642_zpsch9kwif0.jpg

_DSC1649_zpsntsbdply.jpg

_DSC1655_zpsbgygtlzj.jpg

_DSC1669_zpsgjttzvju.jpg

_DSC1675_zpslhlfz3j9.jpg

_DSC1681_zpssjx1rocf.jpg

_DSC1686_zpslvf0qgi6.jpg

_DSC1689_zpsmq8vlsfv.jpg

_DSC1690_zpsbthqmesu.jpg

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice set of pictures you managed to get! Captured it great :thumb

Sadly I missed the tour bus on this one :( went last month and secca made me stretch my legs while I was three stories up o_O got away though :wanker:D

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haha, glad you got away!

The police had already been out to this place before we got there in the day so glad I managed to get in and out unscathed. I'm always a bit on edge when there's loads of people knocking about as you have to rely on them to not give the game away too!

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haha, glad you got away!

The police had already been out to this place before we got there in the day so glad I managed to get in and out unscathed. I'm always a bit on edge when there's loads of people knocking about as you have to rely on them to not give the game away too!

Oh nice one! Always a plus! And exactly that, really uneasy when others are in the same place, don't like it at all when that happens o_O