real time web analytics
Report - - Qiniteq Malvern: April 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Qiniteq Malvern: April 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

darbians

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Being one of the largest defence contractors in the UK and relations to Pyestock I @AndyK and myself held high hopes for some epic finds here.
We explored every inch of every building discovering lab after lab and even more labs! Some even had strange stained orange glass windows which made you feel like you were in an instagram filter.
I can confirm the rumours of a mock R3 bunker being here are true even down to the keycard entry. We wasnt really prepared for shooting in the dark but managed to get a couple of shots.
To be fair we missed the boat but still some interesting bits to be found.

Qinetiq is still operating at the site but on a much smaller capacity.

20180402_093215.jpg

DSC_6670.jpg

DSC_6712.jpg

DSC_6708.jpg

DSC_6719.jpg

The mock bunker set up

DSC_6734.jpg

DSC_6743.jpg

DSC_6746.jpg

Back to labs....

DSC_6768.jpg

DSC_6780.jpg

No filters required

DSC_6804.jpg

Thanks for looking.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Really cool - I imagine it's all but gone now? One I wished I could have seen as I love stuff like that.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
It's all still there. Was a really good mooch. Loads of interesting old tat to find. You would think it would be stripped but quite the oppersite really. Needed a Peugeot estate.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Very nice mate, I do like a bit of military defence mooching even if it is the commercial arm.

darbians

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's all still there. Was a really good mooch. Loads of interesting old tat to find. You would think it would be stripped but quite the oppersite really. Needed a Peugeot estate.
Yeah there was a lot of small items left like cases and bizarre test tube contraptions.
Oh and bikes they were fun.

captainweird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Orange windows are used to protect photosensitive materials used in semiconductor production, which they used to do a lot of here when I used to visit back in the late 80's early 90's.

Phil

darbians

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Orange windows are used to protect photosensitive materials used in semiconductor production, which they used to do a lot of here when I used to visit back in the late 80's early 90's.

Phil
That would explain it. I knew there had to be a reason for it.

AlexPerkins

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Planning on giving this a go asap not far from me, much security on site?

Who has read this thread (Total: 299) View details