real time web analytics
Report - - Quaker Oats, Southall, April 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Quaker Oats, Southall, April 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

FLEXER

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History,
Breakfast, to many the most important meal of the day. One of the first big cereal brands to market itself was Quaker Oats. Many people assume that Quaker is a British company, but it started in Ohio, USA in 1877. Quaker built its factory in Bridge Road, Southall in 1936. It is a fairly unremarkable building, and certainly not an Art Deco masterpiece.

The company made a large number of cereals here, including the legendary Sugar Puffs. Surprisingly, the company also made pet food on the site. Sadly Quaker Foods (now part of the PepsiCo family) moved out in about 2006. However, cereal based products were still made on the site by Honey Monster Foods, who continued to make Sugar Puffs under their new name Honey Monster Puffs at the Southall plant.

Cereal products were still made on site by Honey Monster Foods who produced Honey Monster Puffs until March 2015, when the site ceased production for good.

Explore,
This explore was a while back now as most off my reports are at the minute till i catch up, i didnt now how to upload intill recently tbh with you, but anyways me and a pal visited this factory as it looked fairly interesting on previous reports, i gathered it was pretty much emptied out but i dont live too far so why not, we arrived to quite a few gaps in the fence and just strolled in to find most doors wide open so in we went, all the power was still on and the lift was working. (which i was happy about because i wasnt filling the stairs that day lol) id say we was only in here for an hour as it was as we expected which was very empty but even still i had fun and it was enjoyable, grabbed a few pictures had a couple beers and left with no issues what so ever, nice night.

48463239766_5bc229738c_b.jpg

I DONT NO HOW THEY NO MY EX.....BUT THEY AINT WRONG THERE :)
48463244586_ccdf9b3864_b.jpg