real time web analytics
Report - - Queens Nightclub, Newcastle Under Lyme - May 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Queens Nightclub, Newcastle Under Lyme - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
New Find on 28DL
The Queens Nightclub is a small pub/ club near to the Princess roundabout in Newcastle Under Lyme in Staffordshire, I can't find much info on the club online. I can remember it being open (I think). I never went in when it was open and can remember going past it in the car when I was younger. It is a two story building with a large cellar, going off some documents inside the pub it was once managed by Spirit Pub Company (One of my previous employers) and appears to have spent it's final few years in private ownership. The club was well know for it's 'Grab A Granny' nights it was the place to be if you were 20 something and looking for something over 60. :rolleyes:

First built in 1769 and re-built in 1881 the public house has had a variety of names over the years: "New Inn", "Queen's Arms", "The Bowling Green Inn", "The Belle View Inn", "The Queen's Head Inn", "The Queen's Hotel" and now simply "The Queen's"

IMG_4969.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4895.JPG

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4927.JPG

Cask of Tetley's Smooth. Best Before Date: 18th June 2012

IMG_4916.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

Cheers For Looking :thumb

Last edited:

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's cracking , good job on finding this one,
Looks like a nice explore ,
Cheers for sharing :thumb

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice on for getting this one done, stopped by a couple of months ago but there were some builders in so ended up getting shouted at instead.

I think it's been shut up for about two years now, it always was one of those pubs that reopened and shut down again every six months or so.

Unfortunately the current plan is to demolish it and build some house and apartments on it. Bit of info: http://www.jamesdupavey.co.uk/for-sale/item/2223

dartian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great pics. I got asked to be the manager here in 2004. I wanted to turn it into a swingers club but they wouldnt let me so i turned it down.