real time web analytics
Question - - Question about ladders | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Question about ladders

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

elomio

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Apologies if this is a stupid question but would it be bad practice to bring a ladder with you on explores? Surely this is still civil trespass?

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Apologies if this is a stupid question but would it be bad practice to bring a ladder with you on explores? Surely this is still civil trespass?

It's not ideal having to swing a ladder about and depending on the site/situation could bring you some trouble if nabbed.

There is however no definitive answer to this really, just exercise some common sense and maybe see if there is a less risky/non-equipped access to somewhere you're planning as often there is ;)

sirjonnyp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A ladder could suggest you were 'going prepared' and not reflect well on you if you get nicked.

Snowhead

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's "Going Equiped" (to commit an offence).
However so is anything found on you if you have no valid reason to be somewhere or even close to somewhere.

As above posts though, would be more of a pain.
You'd have to pull it inside with you otherwise it would attract attention or get stolen.
You'd lose it if you had to make a quick alternate exit.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
If you plan on going down as such with it I would take a steel wire ladder so it fits in a bag or a rope with loops in it, if your going over a fence think it’s a bit obvious especially if their triples lol !

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
If I got pulled by the police or similar I wouldn't like to have to try and explain away a ladder.

mockney reject

Staff member
I have and have used a telescopic ladder a fair few times. Easy to hide in a building once you are inside and fairly compact.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Sometimes places are simply inaccessible without a ladder. I have a telescopic ladder I use to used on a regular basis. If you are worried about being caught it's really a case of taking what's coming to you or just not bothering. There isn't any in between.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Legally its a grey area. They have arrested people for 'going equipped' but I dont know of it ever sticking in court as let's face it what are you going equipped for? If you can demonstrate it's taking photos and they cant link it any kind of thriving or breaking in (or possible public order offences like breach of the peace) then I cant see them having a good case. That said it obviously raises the chances of you getting hassle.

I have used all kinds of ladders but generally with pre planning to select the best tool for the job rather than just carrying them around on the off chance. Choose the ladder to suit the task. I would reccomend a fibrelite rope ladder and pole and a telescopic ladder for anyones tool kit. Also buying a second hand beaten up ladder can be useful as you can blag you just found it on site some times. Cant be many of us who haven't used a convenient ladder we found while mooching..