real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Question about use of my photo/report | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Question about use of my photo/report

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
I just noticed that a Manchester news website has used one of my photos and some of my text (exaggerating the facts) from a report back in April. The owner doesn't cite his source or credit the photo. I don't really mind but just wondered if I should do anything to make a point to him. Should he have asked first?

Link to the article

Last edited:

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As the photographer you own the copy right of the image and he has breached the copy right law and you have the right to claim compensation, just because it's on the net does not mean its free to abuse. e-mail him and send him an invoice..

AJ

AJ
28DL Full Member
Yes, they should have asked. You have the right to send an invoice.

Ps. Your link goes to a .gif image, not the article.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had this a month or so back, the Blackpool Bugle decided to use several of my pics both in their online article and also in the printed rag. I contacted them briefly and was told that because there were posted in a public forum they had every right to use them as they wished - without my permission, TOTAL Bollocks, but i have not had the time to follow this up as of yet.

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
I've had this too, in fact the paper in question have just gained a CCJ for their troubles, so whatever they tell you to try to put you off (assuming you do invoice them) stick to your guns. If I can help at all drop me a pm, but it's actually a very simple process and can be done completely online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details