real time web analytics
General - - Question in Halifax? | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Question in Halifax?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Charro

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi
I'm doing a study of the Hebble Brook here in Halifax. I would like to know if anyone has checked out the tunnel from North Bridge which exits behind Sainsbury's supermarket.
Any help would be gratefully received.

Thankyou in advance

wickedgen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've been exploring some of the sections mainly starting near the tip and heading out to Wheatley. Been to Yorkshire Water to look at maps for all the water drainage into the underground Hebble. Next explore will be the section from where the Hebble and Ovenden Brooks meet through to Sainsbury and beyond to where I can get out. Have you explored this section?

Charro

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi
You say you've been to Yorkshire Water to view their maps, please can you inform me how I would go about doing that for myself. Who do I speak to, contact, telephone etc.
I would be most grateful
Thankyou

wickedgen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi - I contacted the Safemove team. If you contact them on 0800 1 385 385, Monday to Friday you can book a 30 minute session on their computer at their Head Office. Didn't find that they had much in the way of detailed maps - I knew more from going underground than any of their maps showed. There must be detailed maps somewhere, possibly the council, but I didn't want to pursue any further in case my enquiries raised too much suspicion and it started to be difficult to get into the tunnels. Someone definitely maintains the tunnels so there must be maps. I have now explored all of the underground tunnels including going up some of the big obvious vertical ladders and others less obvious. and matched some of the underground vertical shafts to the man-hole covers above ground, by walking above ground. A good fun place to explore. Let me know how you get on.