real time web analytics
General - - R & H Hall Waterford (August 2015) [PHOTOS ONLY] | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - R & H Hall Waterford (August 2015) [PHOTOS ONLY]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Denny01

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
20150804_151538.jpg

View from dual carriageway.
20150811_120353.jpg

Dock site from Plunkett Station.
20150811_121433.jpg

View of silos from west of site.
20150811_121620.jpg

Silos.
20150811_123330.jpg

20150811_124305.jpg

20150811_130808.jpg

20150811_130027.jpg

Capture2.PNG

On your way up the metal stairwell there is a door that leads to this.
Capture3.PNG

Rooftop
Capture4.PNG

View of North Quays from the top. Ard Rí can be seen in the top right.
Capture5.PNG

View of R&H Hall sign from top.
Capture6.PNG

Other buildings on site from top.
Capture7.PNG

Waterford
20150811_152419.jpg

Mills from Waterford Quay.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Proper industrial grimness. Get any more of the insides?

MJ-XX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi denny, another explorer from Waterford? I hear they're knocking this entire site down soon enough. It's a great explore.
Did you access it from the gate in the second photo? There's a couple of other buildings down along there I've been keen to try get into but it seems to exposed.
Either way great report.

Denny01

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi denny, another explorer from Waterford? I hear they're knocking this entire site down soon enough. It's a great explore.
Did you access it from the gate in the second photo? There's a couple of other buildings down along there I've been keen to try get into but it seems to exposed.
Either way great report.
Thanks,
Yeah definitely worth a visit before its demolished. I actually got in from the wall beside the rail tracks over by the petrol station. There was a few weak points where there was no barbed wire and there was bricks to get up. The wall is on the left in the picture. Thanks again for commenting.
20150811_123330.jpg

MJ-XX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah I was thinking. Thats the easiest way to get in, and most people use that route. When I tried there was an Iarnrod Eireann guy in the railway crossing house, he saw me hop the gate onto the tracks but didn't even say anything to me.

Are you planning any other explores in or around Waterford? I've been wanting to get down to Durrow for the tunnel. Might head further afield to Cork too.

Last edited:

Denny01

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah I was thinking. Thats the easiest way to get in, and most people use that route. When I tried there was an Iarnrod Eireann guy in the railway crossing house, he saw me hop the gate onto the tracks but didn't even say anything to me.

Are you planning any other explores in or around Waterford? I've been wanting to get down to Durrow for the tunnel. Might head further afield to Cork too.
Yeah, all of the other ways looked tricky. I haven't really been planning anything. But if your looking for any ideas I would suggest Portlaw Tannery and over by Waterford Regional there is an old snowcream milk factory which is a fairly good explore. Even though it is a bit worn now.

MJ-XX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, all of the other ways looked tricky. I haven't really been planning anything. But if your looking for any ideas I would suggest Portlaw Tannery and over by Waterford Regional there is an old snowcream milk factory which is a fairly good explore. Even though it is a bit worn now.
I'm not familiar with the old milk factory. Where abouts is it exactly? I'd be interested in heading there

Denny01

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When are they planning on knocking this? Its on my list of places to explore...
I don't know when exactly they are going to take it down but back in June the demolition request was accepted. I wouldn't expect it to take place for a while so I wouldn't worry.

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You've just told all and sundry the access details. Anyone can read this, police, secca, metal fairies etc.

Just for info for future reports, you may want to keep access details to PMs rather than all over public forum.

Nice pics though :thumb

MJ-XX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You've just told all and sundry the access details. Anyone can read this, police, secca, metal fairies etc.

Just for info for future reports, you may want to keep access details to PMs rather than all over public forum.

Nice pics though :thumb

Good thing the only way in is over the spiky fence then. I'm well aware of the rule and have been for a while but they're not going to go out of their way to board this place up anymore than it already is, this is waterford, the council are broke, the gardai don't give a shit, theres no security, the railroad company don't care, nobody really cares. That is until they start to knock it down in like a months time.

I understand the principle of the rule, wouldn't worry too much about it in this case though.