real time web analytics
R. I. P Yorrick | Yorrick | 28DaysLater.co.uk

R. I. P Yorrick

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrickdaughter

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi

I wasn't sure if this was the correct place for this post, apologies in advance.

It is with a heavy heart that I would like to inform you of my father's passing, Yorrick. Or Nic if you knew him well.
This unfortunate event occurred on the first of April.

I don't know if anyone will see this as I'm sure it's not the right place but if those reading this could inform Alley, Big Jobs, Mongoose and OT as those were people whose names I can remember his saying.

I know he spent many years on this forum and enjoyed the history, research, locating, getting into and of course photographing of many sites. There were plenty that he didn't feel were good enough to post but enjoyed the process anyway.
Due to current coronavirus restrictions we are only allowed ten people at the funeral, but it will be live streamed so if anyone wanted to tune in please contact me and I can send you the link.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any other questions at [email protected]

Thank you

admin

Administrator
Admin
It is with great sadness we read this post, Yorrick was highly thought of within the exploring community and especially within the Leicester scene.

Our thoughts are with you and the family at this time

R.I.P

EDIT: Ok so a few people have asked about making a donation

It's easier to send the money to the regular donation page, but please mark it as 'Yorrick' so it ends up being filtered accordingly :thumb

Please use this link > https://www.paypal.me/28dl

Once all monies have been reconciled I will speak to his daughter and find out how the family would like us to proceed, we'll also be making a contribution on behalf of 28DL

Many thanks

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
So sorry to hear that Yorrick has passed away and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

One of the explorers who had always been around, I've always enjoy his reports and his love of drains.

Thanks for letting us know, he’ll be missed by many.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Im very sorry for your loss, Yorrick was a great bloke. I only met him a couple of times but I warmed to him very quickly. An awesome source of knowledge with mechanical things and a great historian too.

Heres to you mate I wish I had the chance to get to know you better.

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
This is such a sad day. I have many fond memories of many drains with Yorrick, many manholes lifted and awesome days out. Such a genuine and lovely guy and such a sad loss. There will always be a space left over by him but his legacy will not be lost in Sediment, living on through our fond memories, the photos he has captured and his name dotted underneath the country. Whilst I raise my manhole keys to the sky, my thoughts are with his family and all who knew him.

Pom

Jobbyjo

UREBEXR
28DL Full Member
R.I.P Yorrick, I didn't know him well, but when I first started exploring I remember his reports being most of the first ones I read and used for inspiration being from Leicester myself. His enthusiasm for the hobby brought alot of us together and made exploring just that little bit bigger and better for everyone. He will be missed by us all x

mattdonut

Like and subscribe
28DL Full Member
Didn’t know him personally but I enjoyed his reports with him being local sorry for your loss :(

Who has read this thread (Total: 584) View details